We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ocean Maya Resort

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Alberta
Level Contributor
540 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
Ocean Maya Resort

Our travel agent has suggested the Ocean Maya Resort but Im not very happy with the reviews. Any nicer hotels for more or less the same price? Our quote was $2300 per person for 10 days.

The Valentin Resort is a little out or reach $2700 per person.

Leaving end of February.

Any suggestions.

New York
Level Contributor
323 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Ocean Maya Resort

The only thing I am bracing myself for (from the reviews) is that the beach/beach water experience may be slightly lower than our usual standard. We are not "pool" people (have one at home) and are not in the least bit interested in playing games with the entertainment staff. We just like to relax and read on the beach, swim to cool off, then back to the loungers. We do plan on a day or two of snorkeling, but that will be off site. Knowing myself well, if I go down there with lower expections of the beach experience, I will be FINE with whatever we encounter.

While the beach at Catalonia Tulum last year was FAB, the food was not and it is a longer trip from the airport. Since we can only go for 5 nights, we chose closer to PDC.

Digby, Canada
Level Contributor
524 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Ocean Maya Resort

the water may not be the best, but I find the beach area still looks very nice, and I like the idea of the boardwalk and pier.

Alberta
Level Contributor
540 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Ocean Maya Resort

We are traveling out of Grande Prairie, connecting in Calgary. so that's another add on and it seems it's a busier time of year. As we still have 5 months to go do I wait for prices to drop?

Alberta
Level Contributor
540 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Ocean Maya Resort

We are traveling out of Grande Prairie, connecting in Calgary. so that's another add on and it seems it's a busier time of year. As we still have 5 months to go do I wait for prices to drop?

Digby, Canada
Level Contributor
524 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Ocean Maya Resort

that explains the extra $$ then if there's a connecting flight involved :( Typically, from the Maritimes, the end of February has some good last minute deals or decent pricing if you wait and book in Jan or Feb, but just keep an eye on it - if the price from Calgary for the same trip you're looking at drops, your overall price should drop accordingly.

16. Re: Ocean Maya Resort

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, September 14, 2014