We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Excellence Riviera Cancun vs. Secrets Capri

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Detroit, Michigan
Level Contributor
4 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Excellence Riviera Cancun vs. Secrets Capri

My wife and I are going on vacation at the end of October/early November and we have been looking at these two resorts. Both look great, with the Excellence possibly getting the edge. However, the Excellence is currently $150 more pp than the Secrets. I've read the reviews and still cannot quite decide on which one. We are in our late 20's and are looking for a nice relaxing trip. Has anyone been to both? Any suggestions or items that may set us over the top? Thanks in advance for your help!

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
60,304 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Excellence Riviera Cancun vs. Secrets Capri

Can you expand a little more on what is important to you and how many nights you are going for???

sig
Yorktown Heights
Level Contributor
5,498 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Excellence Riviera Cancun vs. Secrets Capri

I would definitely go with Excellence, Secret Capri is a old tired resort on a bad beach. While I never stayed at Excellence resort based on reviews and forum posting it is worth the extra money IMO.

Detroit, Michigan
Level Contributor
4 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Excellence Riviera Cancun vs. Secrets Capri

We enjoy having a decent beach but we will most likely spend most of our time around the pool and the pool bar (I don't like me drink to be empty). :) We are also not big foodies but we definitely enjoy quality food. Finally, the minibar and room service is definitely a big plus depending on the quality. Thanks for getting back to me so quickly!

Chicago
Level Contributor
690 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Excellence Riviera Cancun vs. Secrets Capri

Excellence. I have reviews of both under my profile if you're interested in reading.

Edited: 12:47 pm, July 31, 2013
Chester, United...
Level Contributor
60,304 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Excellence Riviera Cancun vs. Secrets Capri

We have been to ERC several times and love it there and if you check out my review from June you will fnd a link to a large photo album which should give you a good feel for it

We have been put of going to Secrets Capri for the very reasons that sig states above plus it has less dining options and pools. We are however going going to check it out when we are at the Blue Diamond in September

6. Re: Excellence Riviera Cancun vs. Secrets Capri

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, August 02, 2014