We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

food at AI (Tucan) for picky children?

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Maryland, USA
Level Contributor
463 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
food at AI (Tucan) for picky children?

We are staying at the Tucan in April with two picky eaters. Do they have things like pizza, chicken fingers, etc.? If so, do they taste similar to what they taste like in the US? I am worried that they might not have things they like. Also, what type of soft drinks do they have?

Thanks

Oshkosh, WI
Level Contributor
483 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: food at AI (Tucan) for picky children?

Hi, My daughter was 6 when we went last year and she is a very picky eater. There was always something she liked (and she doesn't like pizza or fries) ,

They do have all kinds of pizza, fries, chicken, Lots of pastas. They have Sprite and Coke and also Fanta Orange. My daughter is a big A&W rootbeer girl and we found a store in playa that had that, we just bought a few and took them back with us. I hope this helps.. Tina

Maryland, USA
Level Contributor
463 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: food at AI (Tucan) for picky children?

tinaand todd,

Did the food she ate taste like it does here in the states? My kids are really picky.

Oshkosh, WI
Level Contributor
483 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: food at AI (Tucan) for picky children?

She never really complained, it may have a different taste but not enough for her not to eat it. I do however bring a back pack full of (at home) snacks so she never starves. If your kids like french fries, they taste just as good even better. They always have mashed potatoes at the buffets which she liked and lots of bread.

Oshkosh, WI
Level Contributor
483 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: food at AI (Tucan) for picky children?

I forgot to mention, if they like donuts, eggs, bacon, toast, pancakes, they have a huge breakfast buffet. Just make sure you go to the right place, there is a snack bar by the pool that has a smaller breakfast after 10am. The best place is by the lobby area.

Windsor, CA
Level Contributor
443 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: food at AI (Tucan) for picky children?

My son could survive on chicken fingers, mashed potatoes and fries, I think. We'll be in good shape!