We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Places to go out dancing?

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Florida
Level Contributor
310 posts
Save Topic
Places to go out dancing?

Okay, I'm sure this question has been asked a million times so I'm sorry to bring it up again...

Can you please recommend some good places to go out dancing at night? We'd prefer a place that plays dance music with some Mexican/Spanish mixed in to get the "feel" of Mexico.

We will be staying at the Iberostar Lindo and I was excited when I heard that the Del Mar had a disco. However, I was a little put-off when I recently saw a post where a man said his 6 year old daughter went to the disco at the Del Mar. No offense to anyone, but I really don't want to go out dancing with my little sister.

robbinsvile, nj
Level Contributor
370 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Places to go out dancing?

MiamiBride -

I'm glad you asked this question because we're looking for the same thing.

We're staying at the Del Mar too, and I have to admit that I'm a little upset in hearing that their disco allows young children into it. Are you sure he didn't say 16 year old??

Florida
Level Contributor
310 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Places to go out dancing?

I'm positive. Here is the exact post:

"My daughter was 6 and they were fine with that. It is more of a dance club, not really like a bar in the states."

Chicago, IL
Level Contributor
52 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Places to go out dancing?

From what I have been reading, there are places to go dancing on 5th Ave. in Playa Del Carmen.

Florida
Level Contributor
310 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Places to go out dancing?

Here's another post made about the Disco:

"There were a lot of young kids in the disco. I don't think they have age limits in the discos at the resorts."

This really stinks. As we're in our mid-twenties, I didn't really plan on "partying" with a bunch of high schoolers.

Florida
Level Contributor
310 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Places to go out dancing?

lkimberly...Thanks for the help. I'm looking for actual recommendations though, like which places are the best to go to. We were excited about going to the Del Mar disco because we'd be able to stay in the vicinity of our own hotel. Not that we don't plan on venturing out to Playa, but its somewhat of a disappointment that the hotel discos allow little kids in. Ugh.

Florida
Level Contributor
310 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Places to go out dancing?

Yes, its very discouraging. Let alone, I don't understand why parents are letting their 6 year old children stay out dancing in a disco until late hours of the night.

York, Pa.
Level Contributor
49 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Places to go out dancing?

I was in the Del Mar disco 2 times last week and saw no kids under 18. We were there at 11 or so and the floor was crowed with people from 18 to 60 and all were having a good time. I'M 56 by the way.

Minneapolis, MN
Level Contributor
11 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Places to go out dancing?

Defnitely try Mambo Cafe in Playa del Carmen. Dancing until the sun comes up!