We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Riu palace mexico

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Playa del Carmen hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Danville, California
Level Contributor
1,459 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Riu palace mexico

We haven't been since 2007 so I could not remember can you bring food from the lunch buffet back to your lounger on the beach?

Detroit, Michigan
Level Contributor
805 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Riu palace mexico

Ask Bobfrombc.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
2,899 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Riu palace mexico

No on bring food back from the buffet unless they added to go packaging since the last time I there. Lunch is also served at the beachfront restaurant. They did renovate the entire resort last year. Lots of purple. Bathrooms in the room feature an open concept.

Oban, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
27 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Riu palace mexico

There is a bbq on the beach every day and you can take that on plastic plate onto the beach but don't think you would be able to take things from restaurant .

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
455 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Riu palace mexico

You should be able to as long as you can wrap it up in a paper napkin, or put it on the plates that jpandkg speaks of. They are not going to let you take the table service or glass items to the pool or the beach.

swami, they replaced the old beach restaurant with one next to the new pools. The main buffet is closed and this new open air buffet is the only lunch option unless they are also cooking on the beach that day.

zoeg, Bob is still on his river trip through Central Europe. Should be back in another week or so. I miss his post too.

Chicago
Level Contributor
134 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Riu palace mexico

At the RIU Palace Mexico now. Some days there is a buffet on the beach NOT everyday. You can pack up some food on plastic plates at the 24 lounge to take away. Sure wish I brought a rain coat!! Also, the ac in the rooms are hard to regulate--either too cold or the floor is sooo wet from humidity. Right now sitting with my travel blanket over my legs.

6. Re: Riu palace mexico

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, July 08, 2014