We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Just back from Allegro Playacar.....

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Dartmouth
Level Contributor
128 posts
Save Topic
Just back from Allegro Playacar.....

If anybody has any questions, I'd be happy to answer them. :)

Santa Cruz...
Level Contributor
1,248 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Just back from Allegro Playacar.....

We'll be there in just over a month, so I really want to know what your favorite things and least favorite things about Allegro are. We have been to PDC several time, but never stayed at Allegro, so just wondering how it stacks up.

Specific questions: How long does it really take to walk to town? Who are the best bartenders, or other staff.

ny
Level Contributor
1,152 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Just back from Allegro Playacar.....

It really takes 15- 20 minutes to walk to town.

Dartmouth
Level Contributor
128 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Just back from Allegro Playacar.....

First off, we had a wonderful week there, but there were a few snags in our trip.

I would recommend that you ask for a bottom floor room as one of my friends got flooded out of their top floor room and had to be moved to a resort next door for the night.

Beautiful beach and the food is great..and very hot, not l ike some of the buffets that I have been to. We went to the Italian al la cart our last night and it was deliclious. We didn't try the Mexican because we were so impressed with the buffet. You never had to wait in line for anything..reception, bars or buffets. Our favorite waiter was Jose at the beach bar. A couple that went with us had a room beside the beach bar and he would bring drinks right over to us on their deck.

It takes about 15 minutes beach side to walk into Playa del Carmen, or maybe 25 minutes road side. You can get a cab for $7. While on 5th Ave we went to Fusion and the Hotel Fiesta Siesta that had live music playing, it was great.

Be careful using your credit card or debit card. Since we have been home, the bank has contacted four of the people traveling wih us saying someone was trying to withdraw money from their account.

Hope this helps.

Memphis, Tennessee
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Just back from Allegro Playacar.....

Do they offer yoga at the resort?

Dartmouth
Level Contributor
128 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Just back from Allegro Playacar.....

Every morning around 10, they have yoga at the front of the pool with relaxing music while everyone faces the ocean. They call it their stretching class, but I saw lots of yoga moves included. They also have pool aerobics every day at 11:30.

Memphis, Tennessee
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Just back from Allegro Playacar.....

Thanks so much!

Okanagan, BC
Level Contributor
267 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Just back from Allegro Playacar.....

Some of the best staff were, Manuel at the dinner buffet, Ivan with the entertainment crew, Carmen was our housekeeper and she was great. I also 2nd Jose as a bartender. At the little shop beside the ping pong table you can paint your own ceramics and they fire and cure them and you pick them up the next day. It was alot of fun and gives you a great couple hours with friends/family to chat and laugh. Lots of premium liquor included in the all-inclusive so the drinks are anything you want them to be, just ask. They also have budweiser cans for a very small up charge. The room safe is large enough to lock up a laptop, bonus. We did not have any issues with theft though so wasn't a big worry. Get up early if you want a palapa on the beach, however the beach is the best for sunning or swimming.

Santa Cruz...
Level Contributor
1,248 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Just back from Allegro Playacar.....

Thanks for the tips. Is there a contact for room preferences? We're not super picky, but don't want to be too far from everything

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
57 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Just back from Allegro Playacar.....

Hi,

Does the hotel have internet? We will need to access it so my daughter can choose her courses for college and her day is when we are in Mexico.

What's the best block of rooms.

Should I bring Canadian money and exchange it at the resort?

Thank you for taking the time to respond

Okanagan, BC
Level Contributor
267 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Just back from Allegro Playacar.....

The front desk exchanged Canadian and USD at the same rate with no problems. Go earlier in the day because sometimes they run out of currency until the following day. We exchanged funds before 2pm a few times with no trouble. Internet is available for a fee, $10.00/day or $50.00 week. It worked at the pool, in our rooms, and at the buffet (had a tablet with us).