We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Grand Sunset Princess Platinum and Laundry

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
6 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Grand Sunset Princess Platinum and Laundry

Are there laundry machines to use? I heard the laundry service is very expensive, we are going for 10 days. I am considering changing the date to 3 weeks later, as there are platinum trips for almost what I paid for junior deluxe. Is it really worth it? I am travelling with my 13 year old daughter. I am not sure if the a la cartes are for us. I'm a vegetarian and she is a kid so no fancy stuff. Not interested in using internet when im on vacation. In this case, do you feel it is worth it for us? Thanks.

Vancouver
Level Contributor
4,718 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Grand Sunset Princess Platinum and Laundry

The platinum is good for reserving ala cartes, free internet, free 24 hr room service and premium drinks with better drink service at the beach, plus a section reserved at the beach with a concierge. You dont get that stuff in the jr or jr dlx or swim outs (unless in yucatan platinum swim out)

In total its good. Rooms are pretty much the same as jr dlx suites except you get a hot tub on your deck but thats the last thing im jumping into.

Oh and there are no laundry machines. You can hit one in town though...

Edited: 4:04 am, April 20, 2013
Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
6 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Grand Sunset Princess Platinum and Laundry

Thanks. The only benefit for us, I think is the room service if needed as I haven't been well and close to beach.

Windsor N.S.
Level Contributor
29 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Grand Sunset Princess Platinum and Laundry

We went platinum and loved it..We used room service a few times plus you don't have those towel cards...The extra perks are always worth it for us..

4. Re: Grand Sunset Princess Platinum and Laundry

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, April 23, 2014