We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Overbooking at RPRM

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
scotland
Level Contributor
260 posts
Save Topic
Overbooking at RPRM

Well, just been told by Thomsons that this hotel is overbooked,really disappointed as we booked this holiday 8 months ago! We have been offered riu peninsula in cancun instead,what an absolute cheek,if we had wanted to go to cancun we would have booked there in the first place! Am so angry,what's the point of booking a holiday in advance.Can anyone suggest an alternative hotel of at least the same standard of RPRM? It would have to be in riviera maya area as Thomsons have no availability left in playa car,so gutted

Oakville, Canada
Level Contributor
3,100 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
31. Re: Overbooking at RPRM

I hope that all of you who have been put in this position by Thomsons can get past this and really enjoy your holiday. You all deserve it. It's awful, no doubt about it, that a packager would treat people like this. Obviously have little concern over people's hard earned money coming to them and these are special trips for people.

Are there any newspapers who do a column on "fixing" things. It seems the companies really hop to it here when they are in the newspaper. The type of news also gets picked up by the internet so a company can see itself all over the place.

The company is publicly traded and is owned by TUI. Maybe you all need to take it up to their parent company. Often the parents don't know what the children are up to.

As a Canuck, I find this really embarrassing that a formerly honourable Canadian owned company has fallen so low but maybe that's what happens when a company goes public and all there is a bottom line.

Edited: 3:25 pm, April 21, 2013
B.C. Canada
Level Contributor
8,786 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
32. Re: Overbooking at RPRM

"The company is publicly traded and is owned by TUI" And TUI is also a major partner with Rius and a financial interest or working relationship with the Canadian tour operators Sunwing/Signature which have the exclusive Riu booking rights for packages from Canada.

Leeds West Yorkshire
Level Contributor
261 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
33. Re: Overbooking at RPRM

Well spoke to another couple who came last tue should have been at yucatan and are at riu palace.

Also a group of 8 have arrived today to join with a group of 11 for a wedding that should have taken place at the yucatan It, s just not right

It, s our fourth time here and have been talking of comeing back again next year with son daughter and grand kid's but am not going to book unless I get some guarantees

Cardiff, United...
Level Contributor
26 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
34. Re: Overbooking at RPRM

When were u due to travel? I have booked rpm thru thomsons and I'm flying out on tues 23rd and am a little concerned about the amount of people who have had the same problem of this hotel being overbooked

B.C. Canada
Level Contributor
8,786 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
35. Re: Overbooking at RPRM

Sandy, if you're going to the RPM there's been no indications that anyone has or is being bumped from there. Thomsons were moving their Yucatan clients to the RPRM.

scotland
Level Contributor
260 posts
Save Reply
36. Re: Overbooking at RPRM

We were due to fly out on 6th may,it does just seem to be the RPRM that is affected,we are now going to el dorado royale now so if anyone has any advice or suggestions about this hotel it would be greatly appreciated!

scotland
Level Contributor
260 posts
Save Reply
37. Re: Overbooking at RPRM

Well we returned from El dorado royale last week,we are now so glad Thomsons overbooked the RPRM ! This resort was absolutely fabulous and we even got a free upgrade to swim up suite! We loved the RPRM last year but this resort was fantastic

Sycamore, Illinois
Level Contributor
1,862 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
38. Re: Overbooking at RPRM

I would be verry angry,Espeshally when you booked 8 Months ago.They had better find you a place at leist as good as the one that you booked.And give you an upgrated room plus massages.Don't settly for less...

Jon

Bayville, New Jersey
Level Contributor
1,426 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
39. Re: Overbooking at RPRM

r412, I knew you would be happy with El Dorado Royale. We go tomorrow morning, haven't heard anything so far about being bumped. We love the RPRM too, but if they want to switch me to there, i wouldn't complain lol.

scotland
Level Contributor
260 posts
Save Reply
40. Re: Overbooking at RPRM

Hi dtagg5, it was the best holiday ever,even though we had a rubbish flight out,toilets all filled up and we had to divert to Orlando so they could be emptied,a 10 hour flight ended up taking over 12 hours. But the EDR certainly made up for it,especially the food and the swim up suite,the beach wasn't as lovely as RPRM though,hope you have a great holiday!