We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anyone want to share a private tour to Chichen Itza from VIM

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Playa del Carmen hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
20 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Anyone want to share a private tour to Chichen Itza from VIM

Hi,

My husband and I are staying at VIM from 26th to 30th April.

We are interested in visiting Chichen Itza.

The public tours will take up the whole day, spending most of time picking tourists from other hotels. We'd much rather finish off Chichen Itza in half a day and spend the rest on the beach :)

Private tours offered by Entertainment Plus seem like a good option for this (www.entertainment-plus.net/tours/tour.asp…)

Are there any other couples, staying at VIM at the same time, who would like to split the cost of a private tour with us and make it more affordable ??

2-3 couples (including us) should work out great for all of us :)

Let me know if anyones interested.

Thanks

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
20 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Anyone want to share a private tour to Chichen Itza from VIM

anyone ??

Calgary
Destination Expert
for Akumal, Riviera Maya, Cancun
Level Contributor
22,970 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Anyone want to share a private tour to Chichen Itza from VIM

Chichen Itza is about a three hour drive EACH WAY. Throw in a couple of hours at the ruins sites themselves and no matter how you cut it, it's going to take you more than a half day.

Although I haven't done their Chichen Itza one, Yucatreks Tours does great excursions. It's just a small van, so no more that about 10-12 people.

If Chichen Itza is too much of a time commitment for you, consider Coba - it's a bit closer and you can still climb the pyramid there.

Oregon
Level Contributor
8,986 posts
223 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Anyone want to share a private tour to Chichen Itza from VIM

We went with a private tour to Chichen Itza. It did not take more than half a day. We did not feel rushed and learned the history of everything there. Left our hotel in PDC at 7:30am. Lots of snacks and drinks on the way. Had a free great Yukatan lunch (amazing spread!) after Chichen Itza. You could stop your excursion there, but we hooked on Ek Balum and Vallolodid as well. Ours was a long day. But the best art of going privately with Yukatreks is that you can design your own excursions. Eder, our tour guide and driver was amazing. We also booked another day with them, going to Coba and Tulum. That was amazing as well. Loved it.

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
20 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Anyone want to share a private tour to Chichen Itza from VIM

Thanks for the great info.

777Deana777, which tour company did you go with.

Colo Spgs
Destination Expert
for Cozumel
Level Contributor
28,008 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Anyone want to share a private tour to Chichen Itza from VIM

I agree that I would consider more than a half day trip. Since you are in the area, why not see the Ik Kil cenote near C.Itza.

Spend a short time in Valladolid near the square and church.

Since you are that close, visit Ek Balam ruins.

Oregon
Level Contributor
8,986 posts
223 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Anyone want to share a private tour to Chichen Itza from VIM

We went with Yukatreks. They know so much about the Mayan Ruins. The places Eder took us for free Yukatan buffet lunches were almost as exciting as the ruins tours!

http://www.yucatreks.com

7. Re: Anyone want to share a private tour to Chichen Itza from VIM

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:20 am, April 23, 2014