We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rain!??!! Oh no!!!!! : (

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
drexel hill, pa
7 posts
Save Topic
Rain!??!! Oh no!!!!! : (

Our honeymoon at Secrets Capri starting the 4th looks to be full of scattered thunderstorms and rain.

I sure hope weather.com is wrong. Does that mean rain 24/7 ? or you think it might rain here and there ? not familiar at all with mexico weather patterns.. would appreciate any insight!

Thanks!

Paul and Nancy

Drexel Hill, PA

Lancaster, PA
Level Contributor
2,955 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Rain!??!! Oh no!!!!! : (

I am looking into my crystal ball....ok, really my mini eight ball.....and the answer is......."This could be true" lol

Lancaster, PA
Level Contributor
2,955 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Rain!??!! Oh no!!!!! : (

Sorry, couldn't resist. That fact of the matter is you could have pouring down rain all day, a scattered shower that lasts 15 minutes or so or sunny days. You just don't know.

Playa del Carmen...
Destination Expert
for Playa del Carmen
Level Contributor
8,849 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Rain!??!! Oh no!!!!! : (

You should check the recent thread entitled "Weather now and over the next 10 days..." which I think is now back a couple of pages. The link is

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g150812-i23-k63293…

Weather_now_and_over_the_next_10_days_in_PDC-Playa_del_Carmen_Yucatan_Peninsula.html

but you'd have to join those 2 parts and then copy and paste it because the TA system doesn't accept such a long string of characters in a message.

As you'll see there, there's not much necessary reason to believe these reports, and many people are contradicting them based on what they've been seeing here during their stays recently, when rain was also often predicted. There's also a link there to some photos I've posted elsewhere showing sunny, nice weather.

Steve

Playa del Carmen...
Destination Expert
for Playa del Carmen
Level Contributor
8,849 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Rain!??!! Oh no!!!!! : (

Forgot to mention that it's beautiful and sunny here today, just a few clouds painted on the sky for ambiance. :-)

Steve

Nor*Cal
Level Contributor
65 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Rain!??!! Oh no!!!!! : (

PMC,

My beautifull bride and I are headed down to the RIU PALACE in Playa as well next Monday the 5th.

Try not to let the weather reports discourage you, temps are to remain in the high 80's so I think we should be allright, plus were in paradise so looking FWD to making the most of it no matter the conditions.... Congrats to the 2 of you!

Level Contributor
304 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Rain!??!! Oh no!!!!! : (

pmc,

Check out www.wunderground.com. The forecast looks a little more promising. I would love to find out what they are predicting on local weather stations. Let me know if you find out. Congrats and good luck.

7. Re: Rain!??!! Oh no!!!!! : (

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:18 pm, August 14, 2009