We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

bringing a 3-4 month old?

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Playa del Carmen hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
9,166 posts
89 reviews
Save Topic
bringing a 3-4 month old?

What are your thoughts on bringing a infant? We travel every year and don't want to stop because we started our family, so what do you need to bring? What are the crucial items you ahould never leave without. I'm just a little nervous about forgetting something and having no where to get it, or with out paying high$$$ for it. Is there any resorts that are better for kids, even though we won't need a kids club yet, i know some accept kids better then others. ( are there cribs, etc) any info will help, thank you

Long Beach, CA
Level Contributor
357 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: bringing a 3-4 month old?

I just saw quite a few postings on this recently. Do a search on babies and see what you come up with. There was a whole long post about a 6 month old...

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
9,166 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: bringing a 3-4 month old?

thanks i will do a search as i never noticed this post before.

Charleston, South...
Level Contributor
11,058 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: bringing a 3-4 month old?

We have traveled with our daughter (now a teen) since she was in her infancy. It is work but very rewarding to travel with a tiny person.

Be sure to talk to your pediatrician about ear problems on the plane. Our daughter always had earaches on the plane. I found it very important to keep the child on a regular schedule. That means that you can take turns taking the child back to the room for a nap. (I live near a beach so I trained my child to take beach naps but many kids don't do this.)

Children that age cannot use sunscreen (unless things have changed) so be sure and have a stroller or carriage with sufficient shade.

Even in a five star hotel you will find the cribs are not the cribs we are used to (standards). For a 3-4 month old who is not turning over the hotel crib should be OK. Otherwise I would bring a portable/collapsable crib.

You can get disposable diapers there. Not sure if your child is breast fed. Formula is generally available in the shops but I would bring some in case ingredients vary.

I think I would stay closer to PDC such as Playacar where you can easily get baby supplies if needed.

Good luck. It is very do-able.

4. Re: bringing a 3-4 month old?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:17 pm, August 14, 2009