We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Iberostar tucan or sandos playa car beach resot

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Playa del Carmen hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
perthshire uk
Level Contributor
45 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Iberostar tucan or sandos playa car beach resot

Hi booking on wednesday but can't decide on the above 2 , we want nothing to stuffy , great beach , good food , good evening entertainment , branded drink , (not looking for much ! ) four adults in our 40 s want to relax and have a laugh sandos cheaper than tucan is it worth paying more any help would be most grateful , thank you

West Midlands
Level Contributor
436 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Iberostar tucan or sandos playa car beach resot

Hi there

We decided between these two hotels as well but the Iberostar Quetzel/Tucan won. We go in June. I think it was the actual grounds (the jungle and animals), the services offered and the reviews that helped us choose the Iberostar.

Hope this helps.

Danville, California
Level Contributor
1,450 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Iberostar tucan or sandos playa car beach resot

Never been to the tucan but we will be back to sandos in July for our 6th time. Love their adults only section its beautiful.

perthshire uk
Level Contributor
45 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Iberostar tucan or sandos playa car beach resot

Oh my goodness I don't know where to go toss acoin I think

perthshire uk
Level Contributor
45 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Iberostar tucan or sandos playa car beach resot

Thank you for reply still don't know ohhhhh

Harrisburg...
Level Contributor
51 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Iberostar tucan or sandos playa car beach resot

I can say that you will enjoy the Tucan. I really enjoyed my stay and always check their prices out when I am heading to Mexico. I have never been to sandos. One thing I noticed about Tucan is their jacuzzis and sauna are included in the upfront price; I have been to other resorts where they want $40+ to utilize these amenties. I don't think you could go wrong with Tucan.

Medford, Oregon
Level Contributor
761 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Iberostar tucan or sandos playa car beach resot

I have stayed at both the Iberostar Tucan & Sandos, however at the Sandos I stayed in the family section close to the beach, standard room with no upgrades. From my experience the Iberostar is a big step up from the Sandos in almost all areas.

Pools - The Iberostar has a large lake sized main pool, private adults pool w/swim-up bar. There is also a sports pool. You can always find a place to get away from kids and have some adult time at the Iberostar. The Sandos has a small pool which is dominated by small children. The Iberostar has full wait service at the pool , at the Sandos you will be going to the pool bar to get your own. The towel game is played at both hotels, however at the iberostar the staff will remove "Savers" belongings upon request.

Beach - Almost the same, except at the Iberostar they have beach drink waiters, at the Sandos you will have to get your own. At the iberostar they will give you an umbrella that you can put anywhere on the beach. So seating at the beach is never a problem.

Rooms - Both are nice, I thought the Sandos had slightly nicer rooms. However, The Iberostar has room service with prompt service.

Buffets - The Iberostar has larger buffets with full wait service. The food was comparable, but more choice at the Iberostar's main buffets.

Ala Cartes - Hands down Iberostar, no comparison.

The Grounds - The Iberostar has a jungle/tropical feel. The Sandos reminded me of Universal Studios. Lots of concrete. The Sandos is more than twice the size of the Iberostar. Getting from the lobby to the beach can take 20-30 minutes. Lobby to the beach at the Iberostar is 10 minutes.

Class System - At the Sandos they have different wrist bands for the different class categories, some have more privileges than others. At the Iberostar everyone is equal, nothing is off limits.

Edited: 1:42 pm, March 31, 2013
Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
1,905 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Iberostar tucan or sandos playa car beach resot

WilTravell: What do you mean that jacuzzi's and sauna are included in the price? Does the Iberostar have a heated jacuzzi? If so, where is it?

Harrisburg...
Level Contributor
51 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Iberostar tucan or sandos playa car beach resot

It is in the front of the resort in the spa near where you can rent a bike. A hot spa and a cool spa (sit in the hot for 10 minutes sit in the cool for 10 minutes). Some of the resorts charge you a fee to utilize the jacuzzi in the Spa. Spa services (message) at Tucan do cost money but some of the amenties (jacuzzi are free).

Medford, Oregon
Level Contributor
761 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Iberostar tucan or sandos playa car beach resot

WilTravell:

I thought that was bike rental as well, actual they don't rent bikes. You can only use a bike as part of an organized bike tour with a star friend leading the way :(

Edited: 6:47 pm, March 31, 2013
perthshire uk
Level Contributor
45 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Iberostar tucan or sandos playa car beach resot

Thanks to all who replied but I still don't know really driving me crazy !!!!