We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is IB Quetzal $1000 nicer than Sandos Playacar??

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Buffalo, NY
Level Contributor
329 posts
Is IB Quetzal $1000 nicer than Sandos Playacar??

Hoave some February prices, and the IB Quetzal is coming in $1000 more than the Sandos Playacar. Does anyone think this price difference is worth it?

Buffalo, NY
Level Contributor
329 posts
1. Re: Is IB Quetzal $1000 nicer than Sandos Playacar??

bump

Buffalo, NY
Level Contributor
329 posts
2. Re: Is IB Quetzal $1000 nicer than Sandos Playacar??

Have some February prices, and the IB Quetzal is coming in $1000 more than the Sandos Playacar. Does anyone think this price difference is worth it?

Boston, MA
Level Contributor
595 posts
14 reviews
3. Re: Is IB Quetzal $1000 nicer than Sandos Playacar??

Is this $1000 more per family? If so, how many family members are you talking about - is this the land only price? Need more info to compare - and I assume you are talking about Sandos Gala, right?

Buffalo, NY
Level Contributor
329 posts
4. Re: Is IB Quetzal $1000 nicer than Sandos Playacar??

It is $1000 more per family (2 adults, 2 kids 6 and 8) for the land only. Yes, it is the Sandos Gala, they have dropped the "Gala" from their name and just go by Sandos Playacar now.

Jackson, Michigan
Level Contributor
648 posts
4 reviews
5. Re: Is IB Quetzal $1000 nicer than Sandos Playacar??

We stayed at the Ib Del Mar in Dec with our 4 and 6 yo. We were tossed between Del Mar, Quetzal, and Sandos. At that time Sandos was a few hundred more, so they must have significantly dropped their prices. We did a day trip to the Tucan/Quetzal and used their facilities then. The grounds are beautiful, the pool is small, the beach is great. Sandos and IB beaches are pretty equal from what I understand, I don't know how Sandos pool is. If I were you, I would probably save the $1000 for what is probably a mostly equivalent hotel, then spend that on extra things for your trip. Take some extra special tours, and have a nice dinner in Playa.

Kansas City
Level Contributor
29 posts
1 review
6. Re: Is IB Quetzal $1000 nicer than Sandos Playacar??

Are the electrical outlets at Gala for two or three pronged appliances.

Thanks

7. Re: Is IB Quetzal $1000 nicer than Sandos Playacar??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:15 pm, August 14, 2009