We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Real Resorts Unite: Royal Playa and Gran Porto Real

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Sydney, Canada
Level Contributor
99 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Real Resorts Unite: Royal Playa and Gran Porto Real

Any other real resorts fans out there :)? I have been going the last number of years to the Royal Playa del Carmen and have used the services at Gran Porto Real as well. I can honestly say that I am very well travelled and have done the all inclusive at other properties throughout the Caribbean. "Expect the exceptional" is their motto and that is absolutely true. Each time we come back.. we are pleased even more. The food, the service, the smiles-- they go above and beyond!! There truly is something Real about Real Resorts and I highly recommend. I just wanted to post to hear from other fans.. we are heading there in two weeks and would love to share our excitement with others

What do you like best about these properties?

Edited: 3:41 pm, February 23, 2013
Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
2,028 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Real Resorts Unite: Royal Playa and Gran Porto Real

The facebook page for fans of RPDC is great! Lots of helpful info. Our room (333) was one on the map that was 1/2 green 1/2 blue. A TA friend told me that they can be booked in the standard category. So... I sent an email off to RPDC and voila......that's the room we got! A great room by the way! We couldn't have been any happier.

Wauchope, Australia
Level Contributor
2 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Real Resorts Unite: Royal Playa and Gran Porto Real

Excellent. Thanks.

Brookfield...
Level Contributor
2 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Real Resorts Unite: Royal Playa and Gran Porto Real

I love the atmosphere, attractions, amenities, and most of all the staff! We love in in Playa del Carmen at the Royal!!! Such a wonderful place to go on vacation!!

Brookfield...
Level Contributor
2 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Real Resorts Unite: Royal Playa and Gran Porto Real

Bring lots of sunscreen!! When you run out, its super exspensive. other toiletries are included, but we still bring most of our own

Sydney, Canada
Level Contributor
99 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Real Resorts Unite: Royal Playa and Gran Porto Real

Yeah that facebook group is great and growing! Hope more people join as a result of reading here, it is "I stayed at "the royal" and I loved it"

Anyone ever try the Mayan massage at Spazul?

Sydney, Canada
Level Contributor
99 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Real Resorts Unite: Royal Playa and Gran Porto Real

13 days and I will be at the Royal again.. all of this conversation makes me excited to go back!!

Montreal, Canada
9 posts
Save Reply
17. Re: Real Resorts Unite: Royal Playa and Gran Porto Real

Scott: I would like to thank you for all the terrific information that you have provided in regards to The Royal PDC. We were there for Easter in 2006 (when it was a family resort) and it's the only place that my husband has ever wanted to go back to. My sister-in-law got pregant on that trip so it holds a very special place in our hearts because our nephew is a reminder of what a spectacular resort it is! We had to wait until our son turned at least 16 to go back for our Easter vacation and here we are. The price was right and we will be going at Easter this year. My OCD is in overdrive just thinking about it! We were in room 387 in 2006 when it was considered a regular room and are thinking of either booking the same room or perhaps 393...since we need the double beds (they were queens back then). Please share your pics while you're there. I'm thankful to all the other posters for sharing their experiences and feedback. There is something magical about the RPDC and I'm glad that so many feel the same way.

Sydney, Canada
Level Contributor
99 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: Real Resorts Unite: Royal Playa and Gran Porto Real

You are more than welcome Mary.. Did you email the hotel and put in any requests.. a pre-request on a room? or any questions?They are FABULOUS to deal with. They are both nice rooms!!! I will definitely post some pictures for you

You are going to love it. I am glad I can help and please ask any questions.. I am a Royal fanatic!!!

Montreal, Canada
9 posts
Save Reply
19. Re: Real Resorts Unite: Royal Playa and Gran Porto Real

I am going to do the on-line check-in since we booked an ocean-view room. The regular Royal Junior Suites were not available when we booked and now are but it's all good. My husband did not want to miss out on the ideal days-flight-airline, etc..so we booked. I will take your advice and send an e-mail also specifying that we are return guests if that helps...thanks again for all your help...loving the Facebook page. I'm sooooo excited!

Lafayette, Louisiana
Level Contributor
50 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
20. Re: Real Resorts Unite: Royal Playa and Gran Porto Real

Do you specify a certain room when you book?