We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which Iberostar is the best for family with 2-yr old?

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Fairfax, Virginia
Level Contributor
10 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Which Iberostar is the best for family with 2-yr old?

We have been to cancun many times--cancun hotel zone and puerto Morelos but not the Playa del Carmen. Planning to go for a week in the mid April...hoping to see more beautiful beach with white sands :)

We've been searching like crazy and Iberostar hotels seem very good. Can't decide which one, though. We have a 2-yr old boy and would like the hotel promise to be not too large, with great food selections, and newer hotels facilities are preferable.

Also looked at the Azul beach but too many babies and kids are not our type of vacation. El CId....maybe possible. Just because it is a lot closer from the airport. Closer from the airport the better.

Need to make decision ASAP. Please help!

Texas
Destination Expert
for Riviera Maya, Yucatan Peninsula
Level Contributor
4,579 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Which Iberostar is the best for family with 2-yr old?

You want a hotel with not too many babies or kids, but you want to bring your 2 year old?

The Iberostar resorts are family resorts, so I would have said any one of those would work. However since you want a place with not too many babies or kids I am not sure what to recommend.

Medford, Oregon
Level Contributor
761 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Which Iberostar is the best for family with 2-yr old?

I would reccomend the Iberostar Tucan/Quetzal merely for size, it is much smaller than the Paraiso complex.

Walking long distances with a 2 year old, would be quite a work out.

Branford...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Vallarta
Level Contributor
7,440 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Which Iberostar is the best for family with 2-yr old?

I'd also recommend the Iberostar Tucan/Quetzal, smaller property, parrots, flamingos, etc. great beach and closer to downtown Playa; the Iberostar Paraiso is a mega shared property of 5 hotels. Wherever you choose the kids clubs are geared for 4 and older and they do offer sitter service at an additional charge.

Boylston...
Level Contributor
1,529 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Which Iberostar is the best for family with 2-yr old?

Another vote for the Tucan/Quetzal. Love those monkeys!!!!

Branford...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Vallarta
Level Contributor
7,440 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Which Iberostar is the best for family with 2-yr old?

Monkey on my head lol

6. Re: Which Iberostar is the best for family with 2-yr old?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, February 23, 2014