We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Grand sunset princess

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
264 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Grand sunset princess

I booked this resort with a group but they are staying at the river princess it was cheaper to stay where I booked and the agent told me its all the same resort the only thing is the pool that separates the two is this true as I don't want to be to far from the group

Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
173 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Grand sunset princess

yes, a lot of people wonder why it even has two names. Difference is what side (east or west) of the pool you are on...

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
264 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Grand sunset princess

Can you tell me which room I should book with a swim out so we have lots of sun :) thanks a lot

Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
173 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Grand sunset princess

I think I've read that the Sunset side only gets the morning sun, that you have to have a swim out on the Riveria side to get afternoon sun, but I'm sure someone that has had a swim out room could confirm that. Or just do a search for Grand Princess Swim Out.

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
264 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Grand sunset princess

Oh ok thanks ill do that now !!!!

St. Catharines...
Level Contributor
254 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Grand sunset princess

Hey crippler, We were there at the end of Jan. No one was really using the swim our rooms on the sunset side because it was in full shade for the afternoon. And the water was fairly cold too. Refreshing once you get use to it.

Enjoy your trip..

Hamilton, Canada
Level Contributor
16 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Grand sunset princess

Riveara is the Northern part of the resort, Sunset side is the southern side. Riviara side is the one that had the explosion in the fall of 2010. Probably cheaper as some will not book due to this tragic accident. Ther resort is huge! they have beautaful grounds, We went Jan 2011 and loved it. the pools in Jan were quite cool, but after lots of sun and drinks we were in the pool lots.

7. Re: Grand sunset princess

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, February 17, 2014