We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

IB Quetzal/tucan the same hotels or shared?

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
london england
Level Contributor
103 posts
1 review
Save Topic
IB Quetzal/tucan the same hotels or shared?

Can anyone tell me if the hotels are in the same grounds. Are all the amenities shared? A little confused.

We are a group of 13 staying at the IB Quetzal 27/03/05 through 10/04/05.

Any one who can give us some information/tips on the IB Quetzal would be really appreciated! Any one ever managed to get an upgrade to the Lindo/Maya from the IB Quetzal?

It seems there is alot said about the Tucan but not the Quetzal. Is there a difference in the quality of the two hotels?

Happy holidays to anyone travelling soon. Can't wait for ours!

Thanks.

Scotland, UK
Level Contributor
433 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: IB Quetzal/tucan the same hotels or shared?

Hi! Have a look on www.iberostar.com and follow the links. These 2 hotels are linked together and you can use the facilities of both. We are going to the Tucan in December - 1st time so cant comment if one is better than the other. Wouldnt have thought so though. Dont worry, you will have a great time. Sally

london england
Level Contributor
103 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: IB Quetzal/tucan the same hotels or shared?

Thanks sally mac,

I will report back all information and tips , on my return. Hope you will find it helpful.

What a brillaint web site this is. Seems it is better know to americans and canadians. Lets hope I can make it better known over here in the uk.

Scotland, UK
Level Contributor
433 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: IB Quetzal/tucan the same hotels or shared?

Yes I agree, although nothing against our western friends! It is nice to hear UK comments/reviews though as you know we kind of expect the same things. Lets get more UK folk on here!!

Oshkosh, WI
Level Contributor
483 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: IB Quetzal/tucan the same hotels or shared?

The hotels are pretty much the same, they may have a different color scheme in rooms, but they share all the same restaurants, disco, entertainment, ect. Great choice. Loved the Quetzal, the beach there is so awesome...