We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

transportation

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Seattle, WA
Level Contributor
14 posts
34 reviews
Save Topic
transportation

what is the best way to get from Playa Del Carmen to Merida

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
666 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: transportation

I would recommend ADO bus service from Playa to Merida. I think there should be either 2 or 3 stops if I'm remembering correctly. Just be sure to verify which bus terminal your bus will leave from in Playa.

Seattle, WA
Level Contributor
14 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: transportation

When they stop is it just to pick up people or is a place where you can get out and stay for a few minutes

Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel, Merida
Level Contributor
44,733 posts
141 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: transportation

¨I think there should be either 2 or 3 stops¨

ADO operates about 20 buses per day on this route. Some operate non stop, while others make a stop at Tulum or Valladolid---or both. Usually , the driver will tell you that you have 5 minutes at a stop but stay close to the bus. Many drivers do not count passengers when they leave and easy to be left behind.

You can see information at either ADO website. The ticketbus site has an English option:

www.ticketbus.com.mx

www.ado.com.mx

Aylmer, Canada
Level Contributor
1,960 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: transportation

About how long would this bus ride take? I'd like to see Merida!

5. Re: transportation

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, January 31, 2014