We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best memory of your Riviera Maya vacation

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
massachusetts
Level Contributor
46 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Best memory of your Riviera Maya vacation

For people who have already returned from their Riviera Maya vacation, did you have special moments that will evoke fond memories when you look back on them......a fun excursion, a good meal, meeting new people, whatever! We're traveling to Mexico in a month or so and would love to hear your favorites!

Vancouver
Level Contributor
1,602 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: Best memory of your Riviera Maya vacation

There is so many so i can't pick a "best" but I absolutely love waking up the first morning to the sounds of tropical birdies and having my outdoor shower on the rooftop of my condo. Then a stroll to the beach for a float in the turquoise water, followed by ceviche & chardonnay at a beach club!!! Aaahhhh perfect day in Playa!

Omaha, Nebraska
Level Contributor
71 posts
Save Reply
22. Re: Best memory of your Riviera Maya vacation

One day at the beach I was reading Cormac McCarthy's "No Country for Old Men" (yes, I know, not exactly light beach reading), and the sheriff says something along the lines of "People complain about the bad things that happen to em that they don't deserve but they seldom mention the good. About what they done to deserve them things” and I looked up and saw that blue water and felt that breeze and wondered "What did I do to deserve this?". So grateful to return time and time again! LOVE this thread!

Texas
Level Contributor
3,721 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
23. Re: Best memory of your Riviera Maya vacation

All of the rain stories remind of me a 2nd memory on our honeymoon at the Royal PDC. In the middle of our stay one afternoon a huge storm rolled in out of nowhere, the entire resort packed up and seemed to head straight for their rooms. My husband & I decided to go to the lobby bar instead and were the only couple there (at the bar at least). We tasted so many tequilas and the great bartender made us some of the best margaritas ever. He even let me come back behind the bar to learn how to make them. After we were feeling pretty buzzed we went back to our room, ordered room service and sat on the balcony enjoying the views.

Ahhh...it makes me wish we were there right now (rain OR shine!).

24. Re: Best memory of your Riviera Maya vacation

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 6:16 pm, January 24, 2013
Oregon Coast, Oregon
Level Contributor
1,557 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
25. Re: Best memory of your Riviera Maya vacation

Have to agree with all the posters who mention the beautiful blue water. That memory was made even more breathtaking when we saw the ruins at Tulum with the white sand beach and water in the background. It is a postcard view that you see often - best photograph I ever took, and one that we will never forget.

BC
Level Contributor
62 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
26. Re: Best memory of your Riviera Maya vacation

I'd have to say it was 30 years ago my girlfriends and I took the wrong little wooden ferry from cozumel thinking we were heading back to Cancun, we were dropped off in Playa Del Carmen, there was one hotel and a little store but the site of all that white sand and turquoise water was amazing!! Heaven on earth. Been my favorite addiction ever since.

Marion, North...
Level Contributor
732 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
27. Re: Best memory of your Riviera Maya vacation

I loved seeing that blue, blue water the very 1st time in 2006. But my very best memory was being at CRT with my family for my son's wedding on the beach! That was June 2011, and I'm dying to go back. Now if only I can convince my husband!

C M
Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
983 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
28. Re: Best memory of your Riviera Maya vacation

I really enjoyed reading these posts. Our kids sent us to MX for the first time fives years ago for our 40th anniversary. We went to Secrets Maroma Beach.

I agree with the poster who said it was more of a 'feeling.' A feeling of serenity. My favorite memories are those of walking the endless beach hand in hand with my hubby and lounging on the beach just listening to the gentle waves lapping on shore.

My 'bath amenities' from the resort lasted me nearly two years after that trip and every time I put some of the bath gel in my tub I went right back to Maroma beach!! It is not within our budget now, but that FIRST TRIP, as with all 'firsts' will always be one of my favorite memories.

I even tried to purchase some of the same bath amenities after I got home - nope, only available at the resorts. :0(

Boylston...
Level Contributor
1,528 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
29. Re: Best memory of your Riviera Maya vacation

Back in 1992 we were staying at Viva Azteca where we became quite friendly with Guillermo, one of the bartenders. We had a lot of fun with him during our stay. We won a trip to go back a few month later and when Guillermo found out we would be there again he invited us to his home for his daughter's first birthday. It was amazing. My husband and I were just about the only ones who didn't speak Spanish and none of the other guests spoke English. There were probably twenty-five little kids there with their families and they were the most well behaved kids I ever saw. When it came time to do the pinata they all lined up, took their turn and then handed the stick to the next person in line. When it finally broke there was no pushing and shoving to get the most but just sharing and helping each other. It was one of the best times we ever had. Sadly, we have lost touch with Guillermo so if anyone knows where he is please contact me. His name was Guillermo Peche Cruz and I forgot his wife's name but he had two children, a girl who would be about 13 now and a son who would probably be about 10.

Hampshire, United...
Level Contributor
771 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
30. Re: Best memory of your Riviera Maya vacation

I have lots but my top two were sitting on the beach at the Grand Palladium with a fresh coffee, listening to the sea and watching the sun rise. Just beautiful. The other one was watching my dad getting married at the same hotel.