We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

usa 300 seating

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
28 posts
Save Topic
usa 300 seating

HI, my boyfriend has informed me that we might not be able to sit together on the flight. Is this true? Has anyone had a problem switching seats or anything. This is my first flight ever. Thanks

Chicago
Level Contributor
168 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: usa 300 seating

Of course, anything is possible BUT I wouldn't worry too much. When you check in with USA3000, tell them then that you want to be seated together. Unless the plane was almost fully booked when you booked, there shouldn't be a problem. We've flown USA3000 twice now and have not had any problems. We always ask for a window and a middle seat and have always gotten it.

Lancaster, PA
Level Contributor
2,955 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: usa 300 seating

Our family of 4 asked to be seated together at check in and then got on the plane and we were in 4 separate seats. But, we weren't the only ones. It took a bit of organizing and moving about 12 people but all the familes wishing to sit together managed to get at least two family members seated together.

If you find that you are separated, chances are someone else is also. Watch for people taking over top of seats or across the aisle and just start asking if they are interested in changing seats. If you think about it, they want to sit next to a family member as much as you do but may be too shy to initiate a move.

Springfield...
Level Contributor
196 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: usa 300 seating

Just get to the airport early. Usually the last ones to check in don't get to sit together.

Lancaster, PA
Level Contributor
2,955 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: usa 300 seating

That is what we thought and we arrived very early for our flight. Didn't help for us at least.

East Coast, USA
Level Contributor
746 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: usa 300 seating

Is this the case on ALL USA3000 flights? Our travel agent said that we would be seated together. She didn't say that we had to request it specifically or anything. Of course, we have no seat numbers assigned on our travel voucher. I'm petrified of flying and if my husband doesn't have a seat next to me, there will be hell to pay!!

Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
1,890 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: usa 300 seating

As far as I know they do not assign seats until you check in. I have flown this airline several times. I always arrive two hours before departure, check in adn request to be seated together, never had an issue.

The only time I can see where you might run into this is if your flight does not originate at your airport and there are already people on the plane.

Another hint, ask for the exit row, more leg room, although i have to say the 3000 planes are pretty comfortable.

In any case, don't worry too much about this, you're going to Mexico!

Lancaster, PA
Level Contributor
2,955 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: usa 300 seating

Relax it will be fine. We weren't even on USA3000. That happened to us on US Air. A lot of it depends on how full your flight is. They really try to get you next to family. BUT, if you are seated apart just go up to the person next to you or your husband and say "I am terrified of flying, can I please change seats so I am next to my husband?" Personally, if someone told me that I would move in a second. No one wants to spend 4 or more hours sitting next to a stranger flipping out about flying.

East Coast, USA
Level Contributor
746 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: usa 300 seating

LOL! Thanks! In truth, I will probably sleep through the flight b/c we have to get up around 3am for it and I'm going to be taking a mild sedative. But I can't imagine not having the comfort of having my husband next to me. When I flew for our honeymoon (without a sedative), we hit turbulence and I'm fairly certain there's an Air Jamaica plane out there with my finger indentations still in the armrests. LOL!;)

Milwaukee, WI
Level Contributor
62 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: usa 300 seating

when we checked in, the lady asked us where we wanted to be seated. I like sitting in the front because you can get off the plane faster and not have to wait for everyone who takes their time gathering all of their belongings. The seats are 3 on each side.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
28 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: usa 300 seating

Fuzzlekins- im with you . I am absolutely terrified. the flight for us is onle three hours, but I'm still scared. I'm debating on taking a sedative or not. I think my boyfriend wants me to!