We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

"El Darado Maroma Restaurants"

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Sycamore, Illinois
Level Contributor
1,866 posts
37 reviews
Save Topic
"El Darado Maroma Restaurants"

Hello, My wife and I are thinking on going to this Resort in December.Yes I know It's a long wait,But I was wandering ,How Manny Restaurants are there?And are they air conditioned or not? Also do they close one of them at certain days of the week? ..We are very excited about going to this Resort..We will also be Celebrating our 22nd wedding Anniversary..Thanks..

Jon

texas
Level Contributor
851 posts
133 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: "El Darado Maroma Restaurants"

If you go to the Karisma website and click on el dorado maroma it will give you all the restaurants and their menus ! We are going in 10 days for our 7th trip there!..all are airconditioned except the beachside papitos...most people sit outside on the patio for breakfast and lunch...nice sea breeze...its not open for dinner. all others have a/c......they also have 3 or 4 different theme nights that you can go to...mexican, mayan etc...none have closed when we have been there the other 6 times...please feel free to message me if you have any ?? re :edm...we are going back in May and plan on going between Christmas and new years so we just may see you @!

Sycamore, Illinois
Level Contributor
1,866 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: "El Darado Maroma Restaurants"

Thanks for the Info suziq.We went to a Mayan night 2 years ago at Zoetry and the food was the best I've ever had.It all sounds great .Hope we can gather the funds for an 11 night stay..

Huntsville, Alabama
Level Contributor
5,477 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: "El Darado Maroma Restaurants"

So jealous Suzi!

We still don't know when our 8th trip will be this year - DH's job will be going away, just not sure if it will be May or Sept

:-( We were kind of hoping we could do another 9-11 nights in August/Sept but if his job is up in Sept, he won't be able to get the time off due to the work needing to get done (he is a govt. contractor and they will be moving the work in house...to Mississippi!).

Have a wonderful trip and tell our family we said hello!

BBI, we were there at the end of November and there were a few closings of restaurants. The speciality nights are all held in Sabores. On the Italian night, the Italian restaurant was closed (and on each of the specialty nights Sabores does not offer the Mexican menu, but that is offered in the 'wine room' between the Italian restaurant and the Oriental restaurant). Since it was almost full when we were there, they did open Pepitos for dinner and had a grill menu (steaks, chicken, etc.). We didn't get to it but others said it was very good. I too am happy to answer any questions you may have!

Edited: 1:54 pm, January 16, 2013
wisconsin
Level Contributor
335 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: "El Darado Maroma Restaurants"

suziq hope to see there we arrive on the 5ith of Feb. Last time we were there they had meat market nights in papitos for dinner. 3 weeks cannot wait !!!!

Sycamore, Illinois
Level Contributor
1,866 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: "El Darado Maroma Restaurants"

I'm sure you will love the change of temperature riskyrick traveling from Wisconsin,.Are all of the rooms Smoking/or non smoking-Or some smoking and some non smoking.We will hopefully be booking an Infinity Pool Suite 4th floor.If they have that room category on the 4th Fl .Thank you all for your quick responses,And have safe travels and wonderful Vacations What room category are on the 3rd and 4th floors closest to the ocean?The reason being ,we don't want to look out and see an unobstructed view of the Ocean....

Jon

Huntsville, Alabama
Level Contributor
5,477 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: "El Darado Maroma Restaurants"

Jon,

Only blocks 300 and 400 have infinity pools on the 2nd, 3rd and 4th floor, all of the other blocks in that building (500-800) only have the infinity pools on the 2nd floor.

All indoor spaces at the EDM (and I believe in Mexico) are non-smoking.

Edited: 3:19 pm, January 16, 2013
Huntsville, Alabama
Level Contributor
5,477 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: "El Darado Maroma Restaurants"

And I should have stated that blocks 300 and 400 are those closest to the ocean.

texas
Level Contributor
851 posts
133 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: "El Darado Maroma Restaurants"

Oh Amy ! I hope you go in May!. there are alot of us "regulars " meeting there in may...we are going the 16th - 28th...i so hope you guys can join us ! i bet its not crowded enough in Jan to open pepitos at dinner but that sounds good ! i will keep you updated on any new plans, construction etc when i return ...i cant wait to get out of this freezing rain/ sleet 25 degree weather in Texas...this is NOt what i live in Texas for :(

Sycamore, Illinois
Level Contributor
1,866 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: "El Darado Maroma Restaurants"

Yes ,The weather in Texas is crazy!!

Huntsville, Alabama
Level Contributor
5,477 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: "El Darado Maroma Restaurants"

Suzi, that would be a blast (and a good belated b-day for me - May 5). We will certainly see!

Here the weather isn't much better at the moment, we are under a winter storm watch which means everything will be shutting down for tomorrow... Alabamians certainly cannot handle the snow!

RR, have a wonderful trip as well!