We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Daily private tour - Tulum and Coba

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Montclair, New...
Level Contributor
230 posts
144 reviews
Save Topic
Daily private tour – Tulum and Coba

We would like to do a one day private tour to Tulum and Coba. There will be 3 adults, 2 children and a toddler in a stroller. We need to make sure that our driver would be flexible in case we need to adjust plans (during the trip) because of the children and he would tolerate children in the first place:)

Also, I would like to have someone who would be able to provide some info/tips about the places we are going to see.

Any suggestion which company would fit our criteria?

Thank you

Colo Spgs
Destination Expert
for Cozumel
Level Contributor
28,120 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Daily private tour – Tulum and Coba

Here is one to check. Search the forum for reviews and feedback. If they do not have EXACTLY what you want...email or call them

http://www.yucatreks.com/

Reading, United...
Level Contributor
100 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Daily private tour – Tulum and Coba

Yucatreks are a great company - we did a couple of their scheduled tours, they are also extremely knowledgable about the sites.

I would probably question whether it would be advisable to do the two sites in one day with children in tow - it would be a long day for adults, and I would have thought it would be a be a bit much for youngsters.

Montclair, New...
Level Contributor
230 posts
144 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Daily private tour – Tulum and Coba

Thank you both!

Anyone else has done it in a day?

Union, Oregon
Level Contributor
4,106 posts
436 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Daily private tour – Tulum and Coba

Yes, no problem to do both in a day. It will take all day with children!!!

Edited: 10:47 am, January 14, 2013
Oakville, Canada
Level Contributor
3,100 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Daily private tour – Tulum and Coba

I think that is doable. You know your children and whether they would find this stuff interesting and if they can handle a full day out like this. The toddler will just want to run around and be entertained.

The tour at Tulum is about an hour (plus getting in and out). I'd do it first thing in the morning when they open.... absolutely no shade. There is shade at Coba. The toddler will enjoy the train ride in. I'd do lunch outside of Coba, great restaurant across from the lake. You go right instead of left to Coba at the end of the road in. I'm sure the driver will know which one I mean. It's part way down, not the one on the corner. Be sure to go across the street and see the alligators. They feed them chicken so they leave the dogs alone. It really isn't scary, just interesting. Be sure to try their chicken or pork that they cook Hawaiian style in a pit. Yummy.... and they have some great non alcoholic drinks.

For Coba you walk in a bit and then there is a hut where you can rent either bicycles or someone to bicycle for you pulling a 2 person carriage. Be sure to do this.... the place is huge. Maybe you can look up the cost or someone on here knows.

I think that the carriage would work out great, especially with a toddler.... keep them amused while you tour. You can get off and on. You also can climb the pyramid.... you should before they close it off as I'm fairly sure they will eventually. You wlll probably spend at least 2 hours here if not more.

With the kids I would add a nice cenote at the end to cool off.

If you have to pick one, pick Coba. I think it would be easiest with your group with the hire of the pedal cabs and the most interesting.

Take water, bug spray and a hat etc..... it can get hot out there.

Edited: 11:55 am, January 14, 2013
Colo Spgs
Destination Expert
for Cozumel
Level Contributor
28,120 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Daily private tour – Tulum and Coba

Getting to any area ruins site when they open is the way to go.

7. Re: Daily private tour – Tulum and Coba

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 am, January 16, 2014