We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Going between Xcaret Park and Occidental Grand

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Peterborough
Level Contributor
45 posts
Save Topic
Going between Xcaret Park and Occidental Grand

We are going to the Occidental Grand Xcaret at the end of the month. We are going to get a 2 day pass to the park. What is it like to go back and forth between the resort and the park. 5 min walk? is there a direct path and separate entrance for hotel guests? I think I read somewhere there is a gondola trip you can take over, I assume there is an extra cost for this, any idea how much. It seems like you use to get free admission, or discount when you stayed at the park, but that is all gone now. Any info would be greatly appreciated

Kenosha, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
55 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Going between Xcaret Park and Occidental Grand

Hi Hubz,

I took my family to Occidental Grand last year. We had a great time. The walk from Occidental to Xcaret is maybe 5 min. along the canal that the gondolla takes. You can also take the ride on the gondola from occidental to Xcaret, There is no charge. I believe that the gondolla loaded right by all the shops. Hope this helps. Enjoy your trip.

Peterborough
Level Contributor
45 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Going between Xcaret Park and Occidental Grand

perfect thanks

Valparaiso, Indiana
Level Contributor
98 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Going between Xcaret Park and Occidental Grand

It is a short walk and with a 2 day pass, you can easily walk back to your resort to eat and go back to the park. Especially around 4-5 to eat before the evening shows. Do take a flashlight when going to the evening shows because it is a very dark walk back.

Valparaiso, Indiana
Level Contributor
98 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Going between Xcaret Park and Occidental Grand

You cannot take the towels from the resort over to Xcaret. Either bring a ratty towel that you do not care to loose or one of those sham wow things to dry off with.

Peterborough
Level Contributor
45 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Going between Xcaret Park and Occidental Grand

thanks 1937olds, those are both very good tips, that we probably wouldn't have thought of.

Pittsburgh
Level Contributor
43 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Going between Xcaret Park and Occidental Grand

I returned from the Grand Xcaret yesterday. In addition to the other info, the gondola is free but tips are expected. We attended the timeshare presentation in exchange for a multi day pass at a cost of $80 usd each, for a savings of $40 each. The 2 hr. tour was worth it to us. We just said no at the end. The multiday pass allows you to come and go to Xcaret park unlimited as long as you are a guest of the hotel. We went everyday and came back for food and drinks. The beach at the park is lots bigger than the hotel and we spent alot of time there. Also snorkeled all the rivers. Arrive at the park by 8:30 and you will have at least an hour with almost no one else there except staff getting ready for the day. We loved having the rivers to ourselves each morning although, the bats are still flying in the caves then, a little creepy but fun! The crowds in the main park start about 10am and we just headed for the beach. By noon the beach gets crowded and we went back for lunch. Saw the evening show twice, it was great! Hope this helps and you have a great time!

Calgary, Canada
2 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Going between Xcaret Park and Occidental Grand

Hi AliceBPittsburgh! When you say multiday pass, how many days to you get to go to Xcaret park? If you don't attend the timeshare presentation is the cost of that pass $120/person? We are going for the first time next week. I am so excited to go to the park! I know that my Mom and I will probably want to spend more then one day there. Thanks for the great info!

Pittsburgh
Level Contributor
43 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Going between Xcaret Park and Occidental Grand

The multiday pass for the Xcaret Park is $120 usd each. It is good for your entire stay. It does not include any food or drinks, towels or snorkel gear.

Calgary, Canada
2 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Going between Xcaret Park and Occidental Grand

Thanks a lot Alice!!! What was your favorite a la cart restaurant at the OGX? Only 5 more sleeps I am getting excited! Any other tips about the hotel or OGX? This is my mothers first vacation abroad and I am so excited to introduce her to Mexico!

Pittsburgh
Level Contributor
43 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Going between Xcaret Park and Occidental Grand

Hi CurlyLocks

The seafood restaurant was our favorite and the favorite of most everyone we talked to. Have a great time!

Alice