We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Valentin's own private transfer service

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
J S
Chicago, Illinois
3 posts
Save Topic
Valentin's own private transfer service

Has anyone used the "house" airport transfer service through the VIM? it costs a little more than USA transfers or cancun vans, but it may be worth it? do they greet you with a sign with your name? do they have cold beers in the van like cancun vans?

Calgary
Destination Expert
for Akumal, Riviera Maya, Cancun
Level Contributor
24,158 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Valentin's own private transfer service

I've used USA Transfers lots and they're very reliable. I can't conceive of using a service that costs more because I don't see the point.

USA don't hold up a sign with your name. Apparently the reason for that is that the timeshare sharks would use this information to try to snare the unwary. The USA reps are very easy to find (and if you don't see them, feel free to ask anyone OUTSIDE the airport building to point you in the right direction.

The USA rep will radio the driver (who is waiting at a holding "pen" outside the immediate vicinity) and will stay with you until your driver arrives.

Notwithstanding that some transfer services provide liquid refreshments, I believe such practice is technically not permitted. USA drivers will, however, offer to stop at a convenience store just outside the airport if you can't handle the 20-30 minute drive to the resort without sustenance = ;)

USA
Level Contributor
713 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Valentin's own private transfer service

Agree with Llisa. The Valentin service is not the hotel's own people coming to get you, they subcontract it to one of the transportation agencies, so no need to pay extra.

BTW, to save a few bucks I use cancun-express.com. Same concept/service as USA Transfers except you pay in advance online with paypal (which I kinda prefer so that I don't have to take that much extra cash with me.)

Outside of the airport, it can be a little tricky to identify the right agency with their signs because there are so many of them and the signs are not that large. I take my time to scan the horizon until I spot the person. One time I made the mistake of asking someone for assistance and they gave me a cockamamie explanation about how the driver can't make it there and I should use their services instead. Ah, yeah, right.

Calgary
Destination Expert
for Akumal, Riviera Maya, Cancun
Level Contributor
24,158 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Valentin's own private transfer service

Just an FYI, USA Transfers also allow you to prepay via Paypal if you prefer.

Vancouver
Level Contributor
231 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Valentin's own private transfer service

We have always used Kinmont- cancun-shuttle.. They are so reliable and always on time. In 10 years they have never let us down

Denver, CO
Level Contributor
2,026 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Valentin's own private transfer service

We have used USA Transfers and have always found them very reliable. The most we have ever waited is 5 minutes for the van to come.

kelowna, BC canada
Level Contributor
510 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Valentin's own private transfer service

We have used Cancun transferes 3 times to the Vim and they are very good. Right on time with newer cars. We also booked them from the Vim to take us to Cancun as we were going to Playa Mujeres for the day. Great service and prompt. We had some friends of ours at another resort and they picked them up and got us at the Vim. Everything went smooth.

Abilene, Texas
Level Contributor
78 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Valentin's own private transfer service

This was our first time to use entertainment plus USA. For three people we pd $80 round trip to VIM, very reliable. We will use them again on our 2nd trip next year.

8. Re: Valentin's own private transfer service

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:15 pm, December 17, 2013