We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transportation for 2 from Cancun

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Playa del Carmen hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
283 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Transportation for 2 from Cancun

I've booked with Entertainment Plus and BestDay in the past, however, that was always for 3+ people and it was always to a resort in the Cancun Hotel Zone - cheap!

A private transfer for 2 is a little more than we were hoping to spend ($200). A shared transfer is a lot cheaper, however, I've heard it takes "forever" to get to Playacar. (We are booking with Orbitz and their transportation is not included in the package).

Any ideas for a cheap & efficient way for 2 people to get to Playacar that I haven't thought of??

Denver, CO
Level Contributor
192 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Transportation for 2 from Cancun

If you search the forum for this topic there are tons of discussions and it will have all the information you could ever want. We use Entertainment Plus and it's $110 r/t to Playacar. There are lots of cheaper options with all the details on this forum when you search this topic.

Good luck and have a great trip!

South Dakota
Level Contributor
117 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Transportation for 2 from Cancun

Hi.. You might want to look into USA Transfers. I looked just the other day and the rate was $120 round trip for up to 7 people I think. You might even find someone on the forum to share the trip with?

Pennsylvania
Destination Expert
for Playa Paraiso
Level Contributor
8,036 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Transportation for 2 from Cancun

Cancun Valet lists round trip to Playacar area for $125.

www.cancunvalet.com/…

Edited: 5:28 pm, November 20, 2012
Playa del Carmen...
Level Contributor
5,001 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Transportation for 2 from Cancun

We were with Best Day a couple weeks ago and we ended up with just the 2 of us to the RPDC and a full van load back to the airport and it was 80 return for the both of us.

Colo Spgs
Destination Expert
for Cozumel
Level Contributor
27,377 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Transportation for 2 from Cancun

So Romy you must have bought a shared van transport versus private. Correct?

Playa del Carmen...
Level Contributor
5,001 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Transportation for 2 from Cancun

Correct it was shared but we lucked out on the way down. It was funny there was a couple standing with us to go to Paridisius La Perla and they took just us in the van straight to the resort. The way home was a full shared van though.

B.C. Canada
Level Contributor
8,748 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Transportation for 2 from Cancun

USA Transfers (Entertainment Plus) 1 - 3 people to Playa del Carmen and Playacar $109. And you can pay the driver when you get there in C$.

Edited: 1:00 pm, November 22, 2012
Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
1,498 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Transportation for 2 from Cancun

ADO bus from the airport is 120 pesos ($10 US) or 60 pesos ($5 US) from the downtown terminal. Takes about 45 - 50 minutes to get to Playa Del Carmen.

Los Angeles...
5 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Transportation for 2 from Cancun

Does anyone know which terminal in Playa del Carmen to select when purchasing from the ADO website? They have 2 options: Playa del Carmen and Playa del Carmen Alterna. I will be going from the Cancun Airport and staying in a condo near Mamitas Beach. Please advise. Thanks.

Colo Spgs
Destination Expert
for Cozumel
Level Contributor
27,377 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Transportation for 2 from Cancun

Eadame, they stop at the PDC 5th Ave (not alternate) station going to PDC. You can get a taxi outside the PDC bus station if you need it.

Useful pics here

tinyurl.com/7m3r6

Do not be surprised if you cannot buy a ticket. Plus how do you know how long it will take to go through immigration and customs? Just buy a ticket when you get there.

Edited: 7:25 pm, December 05, 2012