We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rain in June?

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Topic
Rain in June?

Just saw a climate chart for Playa Del Carmen, and it lists June as the rainies month with 15 inches on the average. Now I am considering changing my dates...but then you move closer to hurricane season? How many people have been there in mid June and have had NO RAIN?

THanks.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
12,869 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Rain in June?

Your already in hurricane season in June so what is the worry.

Lancaster, PA
Level Contributor
2,955 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Rain in June?

We went in June last year and had one entire day (almost 24 straight hours) of torrential down pours and 3 days with intermittant rain showers lasting about about 15 minutes each and happening about 3 - 4 times per day. Except for the down pour day, which was MISERABLE, no one even moves for the showers. It is SO hot you are actually thrilled for the rain and increased beach breeze to cool you off.

Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Rain in June?

My travel agent told me hurricane season doesn't ususally start until the very end of June. Probably just wnated to make the sale.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
12,869 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Rain in June?

Arlene and Bret were both in June last year

yorkshire, england
Level Contributor
30 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Rain in June?

I'm also booked to go in the middle of june for 2 weeks, first time to Mexico, really hope the weather stays good, a friends daughter has been in june for the last two years and weather has been good for them, so fingers crossed....

san diego, ca
Level Contributor
1,763 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Rain in June?

2003 in june we got hit with tropical storm "bob" and had torrential rain for at least 3 days. the next year in june=no rain.....

bottom line is that the rainy season starts in june, so you are aware!

Playa del Carmen...
Level Contributor
137 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Rain in June?

Went to mexico in June.........it rained.....no, poured, for 5 straight days. Would NEVER go in June again. Also have been in July and it was way too hot, not enjoyable at all. Leaving on Sunday and hoping for clear skies!