We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

End of Apr, beginning of May, High season????

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Carlton, OR
Level Contributor
71 posts
1 review
Save Topic
End of Apr, beginning of May, High season????

I will be staying at the VIM end of April and the first 10 days of May. Is this high season or just so so crowded at the resorts. Also is the temp arount 80-85 this time of year? Thanks

Asheville, North...
Level Contributor
1,209 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: End of Apr, beginning of May, High season????

Busy season starts the day after Christmas and goes into summer. It will be 85+ by the end of APril into May.

Vancouver
Destination Expert
for Akumal, Riviera Maya, Quintana Roo, Puerto Morelos
Level Contributor
43,855 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: End of Apr, beginning of May, High season????

May - June are quiet times

after spring break / before school is out

temps - see - about right

http://www.cancunmap.com/weather.html (info from Top Questions)

Chicago
Level Contributor
728 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: End of Apr, beginning of May, High season????

Beginning of May is our favorite time to go. It was not very busy since school is usually in session then. It can get very hot - upper 80's most days last times, but in the 90's for a couple of days. Still, it's usually a it dryer than the fall and best of all, mangoes are in season!

Richmond, BC
Level Contributor
5,376 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: End of Apr, beginning of May, High season????

Depends on when is the Easter holiday next year. I was in Riviera Maya few years ago when the Easter was on Apr.26 (or 27?) and the resort (not VIM but it is typical) was very busy for the next week.

Milford Michigan
Level Contributor
821 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: End of Apr, beginning of May, High season????

As Olga stated, resorts' occupancy diminishes right after Easter, which I believe is March 31st in 2013. This is the time we always travel (right after Easter or the last few days before Easter).. The prices are usually better for us, and , I like that wait time in restaurants and bars isn't as long as it can be during high season.

Carlton, OR
Level Contributor
71 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: End of Apr, beginning of May, High season????

Decided to go beginning of April instead of end of April/beginning of May. Looked at the rain charts and beginning of April looks much drier than the beginning of May.

Vancouver
Destination Expert
for Akumal, Riviera Maya, Quintana Roo, Puerto Morelos
Level Contributor
43,855 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: End of Apr, beginning of May, High season????

Decided to go beginning of April

'

ok

Spring break / Easter -- more $$$$

Early May is just as dry as April and better weather

Edited: 11:41 pm, October 08, 2012
texas
Level Contributor
851 posts
133 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: End of Apr, beginning of May, High season????

we always go mid may for 10-12 days and love it...its hot..upper 80s low 90s some days but beautiful ! A lot cooler than it is in Texas that time of year :)

Playa del Carmen...
Destination Expert
for Playa del Carmen
Level Contributor
8,751 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: End of Apr, beginning of May, High season????

Well YMMV. Different properties have different trends as we for example are often almost as busy through the end of April and the month of May as we are during the high season months. Yet I've heard others representing other small properties say that their occupancy is rather low once May hits.

Steve

Donnellson, Iowa
Level Contributor
998 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: End of Apr, beginning of May, High season????

I think end of April/ first of May is an ideal time to go. Water temps are warmer, but not super hot like June-Aug can be. Also not as many people as end of March / first of April. Unless you want to go and party, I would reconsider going first of April.