We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The Honeymooners have arrived- phone question

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Playa del Carmen hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
WV
Level Contributor
3,525 posts
82 reviews
Save Topic
The Honeymooners have arrived- phone question

My son and his new wife scored a second floor room in building 14 at the VIM. So far they love it, got the green light at the airport. The transfer was 20 minutes late, but we suspect that it was because USAirways said the flight would be 25 minutes late getting in (it wasn't though).

The question is, if they leave the phone on airplane mode unless they are in the lobby using wi fi to face time or check Facebook, fantasy football stats etc., AND turn off data roaming will there be those huge charge possibilities from texts etc? I thought no and told them that, but just want to be sure I told them correctly.

Pittsburgh
Level Contributor
520 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: The Honeymooners have arrived- phone question

On my iphone I keep airplane mode on and turn wifi on and never have any charges...but I dont need to text or make any calls.

WV
Level Contributor
3,525 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: The Honeymooners have arrived- phone question

Thanks! I thought that would work. Seems the wi fi won't work in airplane mode on her phone. Kids seem to text more than call- I don't text much either.

Hilltown...
Level Contributor
2,610 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: The Honeymooners have arrived- phone question

If she needs to take airplane mode off to use wi-fi, make sure she turns off location services, data roaming and cellular data and turns off fetch new data under email.

WV
Level Contributor
3,525 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: The Honeymooners have arrived- phone question

Okay, I will facebook message that info to her. Thanks!

5. Re: The Honeymooners have arrived- phone question

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:18 pm, December 15, 2013