We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beer on ADO bus???

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
187 posts
70 reviews
Save Topic
Beer on ADO bus???

I see a lot of people asking about getting drinks at the airport for their ride to the resort. I'm assuming they are taking vans or shuttles. Can you actually take beer on the ADO into Playa Del Carmen?

Mentioned in this post
Ado
Ado
595 Reviews
Cancun, Mexico
Michigan
Level Contributor
2,374 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Beer on ADO bus???

It is against the ADO rules to take beer on the bus.

Mentioned in this post
Ado
Ado
595 Reviews
Cancun, Mexico
Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel, Merida
Level Contributor
46,537 posts
150 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Beer on ADO bus???

And they sometimes do enforce it. I once saw a driver put a man off the bus alongside the road in Chiapas because he refused to stop drinking his beer.

Denver, CO
Level Contributor
174 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Beer on ADO bus???

We got a margarita upon arrival and took it on the bus with no problems. It may just depend on the driver.

Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel, Merida
Level Contributor
46,537 posts
150 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Beer on ADO bus???

Yes, like everything, it can vary. But the rules with ADO are no alcohol so I try to go by the rules.

Mentioned in this post
Ado
Ado
595 Reviews
Cancun, Mexico
5. Re: Beer on ADO bus???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:17 pm, December 14, 2013