We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ladies topless sunbathing

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Pontefract, United...
Level Contributor
1,085 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Ladies topless sunbathing

Can anyone advise if topless sun bathing is allowed at the pools and beach in Riviera Maya hotels

Mentioned in this post
Riviera Maya
Riviera Maya
Quintana Roo, Mexico
Lancaster, PA
Level Contributor
2,955 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ladies topless sunbathing

Not sure about other places but at the Ib*'s they do not allow topless at the pools but on the beach is fine. You won't find a lot of it though. It really is a family orientated place (especailly when we go in June.) Somewhat uncomfortable to be lying there topless with toddlers making sand castles next to you! But there were maybe 1/2 dozen ladies throughout the week.

Southern Illinois
Level Contributor
2,691 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ladies topless sunbathing

There are topless all over the beach ar the Yucatan and usually 2 or 3 at the pool, although they look a little out of place at the pool.

Mentioned in this post
Fort Wayne, Indiana
Level Contributor
68 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ladies topless sunbathing

We didn't see any at the pools, but there were many on the beach. Many walking the beaches also. I felt a little uncomfortable walking with my 14 and 18 year old and having a topless woman go by. Oh well.

NYC, NY
Level Contributor
348 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Ladies topless sunbathing

I'll be bathing topless if that will help you out. I'll be the guy with the big hairy floppy man-boobs.

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
957 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Ladies topless sunbathing

We leave in two weeks and plan to have a little discussion with my 9 year old before he sees something and starts gawking! ha ha........

I just don't remember it being too bad on the beaches... maybe one or two at most.

North Carolina
Level Contributor
73 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Ladies topless sunbathing

Last year when we went we saw two girls on the beach on day. Never by the pool. My husband was very funny. We were with a large group of people (30) and the girls were near a large stack of beach chairs. Everytime someone new from our group would come down to the beach my husband would jump up and volunteer to get them a chair! (Both girls were very attractive). I asked him what the big deal was, he sees mine everyday (and they are not to shabby if I do say so myself :) and he said it is different when you get to see "strange" boobs! LOL! Maybe he will get a chance to have a peek on the beach this year too. At least we are going with an all adult crowd!

Lancaster, PA
Level Contributor
2,955 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Ladies topless sunbathing

Unlike you tuck, my husband doesn't get to see at home the nice "sizes" he got to see while in Mexico!

Funny story.

My husband does the laundry in our house. Well years ago as my daughter was getting into the puberty stage, she got her first training bras. Well, week after week I would get those bras in my pile of wash. I finally went to him holding these tiny 2 inch pieces of triangular fabric and said "honey, are you trying to hint that I might need a b**b job!" Little did I know that he was actually in denial that his baby girl was growing up!

Mentioned in this post
Mexico
Mexico
North America
Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
957 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Ladies topless sunbathing

Ya know - not that this is up for conversation or such topic should be discussed now - but the people we have seen topless - it's not like they are doing it to "show off" or something. It is women with families that I believe are from Europe. There was only one younger blonde american girl I can remember "whipping" off her top and yes, she was attempting to be-bop around (but they weren't be-bopping, ha ha).

Anyway - I just don't remember seeing anyone that was flaunting their stuff around and I don't remember sitting back saying "wow - can't wait for my fiance to get a load of her"..........

I think it's culture and if it's not - the people that mostly go topless do it for the most part - "tactfully".

Now - I do remember someone saying that they saw a woman "straddling" some guy - I don't know how I would even attempt to explain that one to my son! haaaaaaaa

NYC, NY
Level Contributor
348 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Ladies topless sunbathing

Last year I saw some guy tanned and blonde, probably in his 50's with a nice size gut on him, wearing a thong. My daughter and I couldn't take our eyes off of him. It was like a train wreck.

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
957 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Ladies topless sunbathing

Don't you hate when that happens? It's like you KNOW it looks bad (in your personal opinion) but you keep staring? ha haaaaaaa