We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Paradisus La Esmeralda or Azul Sensatori with a 1 year old?

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Playa del Carmen hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Niagara
Level Contributor
177 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Paradisus La Esmeralda or Azul Sensatori with a 1 year old?

My husband and I are looking at taking a trip to the Mayan area with our one year old in October. We were originally looking at the Sensatori but saw some recent bad reviews. I looked around some more and came across the Paradisus. We went to the one in Punta Cana last year and really enjoyed it. Any thoughts on which one to choose? Has anyone been to both?

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
793 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Paradisus La Esmeralda or Azul Sensatori with a 1 year old?

Stayed at Sensatori in January it was a nice resort but not to the level we are use to. I would give it a solid 4 out of 5. Now this was one of first non-AO we have been too; as we took our 3 year old. The beach was the biggest dissappointment followed by service as we even

Upgrade to the concierge rooms.

We head to Paradisus on 10/15 with another family and hoping this suites our needs better.

FYI I would recommend Sensatori depending on price point compared to other available resorts.

I posted a detailed review. Have you stayed at other resorts might be able to compare better for you.

Minneapolis
Level Contributor
1,218 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Paradisus La Esmeralda or Azul Sensatori with a 1 year old?

No question that Paraisus is a better property and Sensatori. I would recommend Azul Beach for your family over Sensatori anyways...nicer beach, smaller property with better services and food and really does a good job with families.

Niagara
Level Contributor
177 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Paradisus La Esmeralda or Azul Sensatori with a 1 year old?

Thank you!

Tmstewar2, I will check out your review. In Mexico we have stayed at the gran Bahia coba ( when in was brand new) and the valentin imperial. We liked the GB coba, we went as a huge group. We love the Valentin. We've also been to Sandals, which we loved and the Paradisus in punta cana, which we liked. I am a bit picky on resorts, the room is a big deal as is the food. We're not huge beach people but we do like the beach. The only beach we've ever been a bit disappointed with was the gran Bahia. But I do realize the beaches in Mexico aren't the best. I'm leaning towards the Paradisus, and it's only about $150 more per person for our dates.

Niagara
Level Contributor
177 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Paradisus La Esmeralda or Azul Sensatori with a 1 year old?

Jrudq, I will take a look at the azul beach, thanks.

Chicago, IL
Level Contributor
331 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Paradisus La Esmeralda or Azul Sensatori with a 1 year old?

Paradisus seems right up your alley--lovely modern rooms and great food choices. I haven't tried the other two hotels but most do a great job ensuring that families have a great vacation. Enjoy your trip!

Niagara
Level Contributor
177 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Paradisus La Esmeralda or Azul Sensatori with a 1 year old?

Thanks everyone. We ended up booking the Paradisus. Tmstewar2, our trips overlap! Maybe we'll see you there!

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
793 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Paradisus La Esmeralda or Azul Sensatori with a 1 year old?

I will be doing a live from thread so please PM and we can absolutely try and meet up!

Boulder, Colorado
Level Contributor
13 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Paradisus La Esmeralda or Azul Sensatori with a 1 year old?

I am debating these two hotels as well--I have a 4 and 6 year old sons....safaridog, any thoughts?

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
27 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Paradisus La Esmeralda or Azul Sensatori with a 1 year old?

To all those who replied and are going to paradisus with kids when are you going and what age are your kids ? I have a 4 yr old

Boston...
Level Contributor
11 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Paradisus La Esmeralda or Azul Sensatori with a 1 year old?

We went to Paradisus in Dec with our 6 and 9 year old boys and infant daughter. It was fabulous for the kids. They loved the rock climbing and bungee jumping daily and the ladies in the kids club were amazing. We are going back in a few weeks with just the baby and will bring her to the clean and friendly separate baby area you won't regret your choice, we can't wait to go back!