We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Just back from Occidental Grand Flamenco Xcaret

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Playa del Carmen hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Essex, England
Level Contributor
85 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Just back from Occidental Grand Flamenco Xcaret

We had a wonderful holiday.If you have any questions please ask.

Milwaukee, WI
Level Contributor
62 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Just back from Occidental Grand Flamenco Xcaret

Please tell more...we leave for Occidental Grand on April 24th....any highs/lows to report about?

watsonville...
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Just back from Occidental Grand Flamenco Xcaret

hello i'm going there next week. do u know if with the same wrist band we can visit their sister hotels in playa or cozumel?

thank u

Essex, England
Level Contributor
85 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Just back from Occidental Grand Flamenco Xcaret

MilwaukeeFan - No lows to report - as long as you know what to expect ie small beach area everything is wonderful - plenty to do if you so wish or plenty of room ro relax - food & drinks in plentiful supply as well as plenty of sunbeds.

Skelly1 - sorry unable to comment on access to sister hotels - did not ask about this.

Mesa, Arizona
Level Contributor
28 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Just back from Occidental Grand Flamenco Xcaret

We are considering taking our kids here this summer. They are 14 and 15. Did you see many kids there?

Bucks County...
Level Contributor
50 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Just back from Occidental Grand Flamenco Xcaret

Thank you! We are going on 6-24. I am a little hesitant after reading some of the reviews. Our girls are 14 and 18. So, do you think it ia a good choice? Anything specific we should know before we go? Some have said to request building 15, so we did.

Essex, England
Level Contributor
85 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Just back from Occidental Grand Flamenco Xcaret

There are a lot of children at this hotel but they were mainly under 10's when we were there.Our daughter is 8. There is a seperate area in the evening exclusivley for teenagers but obvioulsy did not go there as our daughter was too young. If they like being by a pool they will be ok.

We were in building 14 which was near to building 15 and was a great location - near the quiet pool and too far from any of the other areas. The only other thing I would suggest is that you request a room on the second floor - people on the first floor were complaining of the rooms being damp & musty. We were on the second floor and did not have a proble.

cheshire uk
Level Contributor
70 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Just back from Occidental Grand Flamenco Xcaret

we are going to ogfx in may and have tried to e-mail the resort with a request for building 14/15/16 .. have tried 3 e-mail addresses up to now and dont know if we got through as had no reply .. if anyone knows of an e-mail address that gets through i would love to know it ..

Mesa, Arizona
Level Contributor
28 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Just back from Occidental Grand Flamenco Xcaret

Thanks for the great info Maxwellhouse.

Bucks County...
Level Contributor
50 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Just back from Occidental Grand Flamenco Xcaret

Thank you very much.

East Coast, USA
Level Contributor
746 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Just back from Occidental Grand Flamenco Xcaret

I too tried to email OGFX via their website and it came back undeliverable. I think perhaps the person whose name is part of the address probably no longer works there and they never updated it w/ the new mgr or admin person or whomever. But then I emailed the main Occidental email address and although it seemed to go through, I did not receive a reply. Not too pleased about that needless to say. I too would like to have an email address that WORKS.