We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Beach In Playa Del Carmen

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Playa del Carmen hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
NYC
Level Contributor
32 posts
Save Topic
Best Beach In Playa Del Carmen

I am stressen out trying to pick a resort for my girlfriend and I vacation in June.. I wanted to go to Iberostar Quetzal but it is all book up.. I looking for a resort that has a amazing beach and not to far from 5 ave.. I read alot of reviews about resorts beaches having alot of rocks... Any suggestions.. I really can't choose anymore...I can't figure out which one to stay at...let me know if you can help...

Austin, Texas
Level Contributor
56 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: Best Beach In Playa Del Carmen

I like the beach at Mamitas and north from there to what they call Coco Beach. Look at Shangri-La - never stayed there, but great beach from what I could tell walking by. Really cute palapa covered casitas steps from ocean.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
329 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: Best Beach In Playa Del Carmen

Sorry....gonna have to go with Iberostar Lindo or Maya. Not JUST for the beach but the resorts themselves. (did you look at Tucan too?)

CT
Level Contributor
18 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
23. Re: Best Beach In Playa Del Carmen

I've stayed at Iberostar Tucan, Gala and RIU Palace. The beaches in Playacar are nice, no doubt. But at IB* it's very crowded. Gala had crappy food and RIU was nice. I stayed in town last Feb. and we spent all week at Mamita's and it's even NICER than Playacar. The beach club was crowded, but further north towards Grand Coco Bay and beyond it was absolutely gorgeous!! The sand is so powdery and there's not many people. I like being close to town so we can walk back and forth.

Ontario
Level Contributor
785 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
24. Re: Best Beach In Playa Del Carmen

Though the xpu ha palace is no longer on the xpu ha beach there are a couple of nice resorts still remaining..the Copacabana and the club meave..the Barcelo complex also has a nice beach and is closer to the town of Playa Del Carmen..I hear that they have marvelous snorkelling just off thier beach. This is one of those times in life where having so many choices might not be a good thing..I find it exhausting sometimes trying to figure out where is the best place to go..I choose the Grand Palladium Riviera this year because it appeared to be good value for money..hear the beach at that end of the resort leaves a lot to be desired but the next complex..the Palladium White Sands has a lovely beach..and since I can use the entire resort complex..I felt it would be o.k...sleep at one..swim at another and eat at yet another..I love to walk and get bored easily so I think this will work well..I have gone to the Xpu ha palace for three years and loved it...but alas..it is gone..and they have this nasty little beachless thing trying to replace it..I just couldn't see going all that way to swim in a pool..I can do that at home..I go for the ocean and beach.

Jerzee
Level Contributor
336 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
25. Re: Best Beach In Playa Del Carmen

SLNVRR

Im with you..my sentiments exactly!