We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Just back from Lindo, any questions?

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
cbw
Vancouver
Level Contributor
217 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Just back from Lindo, any questions?

We just returned last night from a week away at the Iberostar Lindo for our wedding with a group of 42 people. Absolutely amazing trip and a wonderful resort. I will post a review eventually, but for now I'd be happy to answer any questions anyone may have!

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
217 posts
Save Reply
11. Re: Just back from Lindo, any questions?

Hi cbw,

Congratulations on your wedding. It sounds as though you and your guests thoroughly enjoyed yourselves. My husband and I are looking at the Lindo for next March, out of Toronto. I just read your posts regarding the rates and was wondering when you and your guests book (i.e. how long before your departure) to ensure the availability while receiving that rates?

Thanks!

Cheers!

Canada
Level Contributor
48 posts
Save Reply
12. Re: Just back from Lindo, any questions?

Thanks for replying cbw....good information...kinda my thoughts too...but still cking all options just to make sure...

cbw
Vancouver
Level Contributor
217 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Just back from Lindo, any questions?

Sun&Stars,

Thanks for the congratulations!

We booked our tickets in July. The rest of the group booked in September at the latest I think to secure the "advanced booking" discount. So at least 7 to 8 months prior as we went for the last week of March. Enjoy your trip!

CheeCheepappa,

Good luck with your decision, and enjoy every minute of the special occasion.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
217 posts
Save Reply
14. Re: Just back from Lindo, any questions?

cbw...thanks for getting back to me. One more quick question: which tour company did you book with? Did you use a travel agent or book online?

Thanks again. Have a great day!

cbw
Vancouver
Level Contributor
217 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Just back from Lindo, any questions?

Sun&Stars,

We ended up booking through a travel agent who came closer to matching an on-line price. Pretty much all of our guests booked on line. It was nice, though, to have the travel agent as we had a bit of a problem with flight times and she was able to fix everything without a hassle. Other guests from Vancouver had a harder time with on line agents. But they saved money...

We went through Signature Vacations.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
217 posts
Save Reply
16. Re: Just back from Lindo, any questions?

Hi cbw!

I wanted to know how you found the transfers that were included with Signature vacations. Did you find you had to wait around at the airport or was it pretty speedy? How long was the transfer time? Did you call Canada at all - probably not, seeing how your family was there with you!! Thanks.

cbw
Vancouver
Level Contributor
217 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Just back from Lindo, any questions?

Hi Sun&Stars,

The transfer from the airport to the resort was pretty fast - didn't end up waiting hardly at all, probably about 10 minutes from when we got to the bus to when it actually left. I think the ride was about 30 to 45 minutes from the airport to the Lindo, we stopped at one other resort on the way.

As for phone calls, you are right, we didn't place any back to Canada as pretty much everyone we would have called was with us....