We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather forecast - next week

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Level Contributor
23 posts
1 review
Weather forecast - next week

I checked weather forecast for next week and it looks like it's going to rain from 16th up until very late May - for the duration of our stay in Playa. Precipitation varies from 80 to 98%...

What does this mean in regard to tropical climate? April thru June were supposed to be the best months for this area... Does it mean just all gray and wet throughout the day, or more like occasional showers? What a bummer :(

Davie, Florida
Level Contributor
11,187 posts
2 reviews
1. Re: Weather forecast - next week

what site are you looking at? look at weather.com....much more friendly forecast ........in other words ignore the forecasts.

Level Contributor
23 posts
1 review
2. Re: Weather forecast - next week

Katzgar: I tried weather.com and accuweather

Davie, Florida
Level Contributor
11,187 posts
2 reviews
3. Re: Weather forecast - next week

The forecast for PDC at weather.com shows little chance of rain for the next 10 days.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
943 posts
2 reviews
4. Re: Weather forecast - next week

Never watch the forecasts! Take this from someone who's been down there over 40 times! If it says rain it could be none or a passing shower or rain!! Don't worry! Check the webcams!

Level Contributor
23 posts
1 review
5. Re: Weather forecast - next week

Yeah Weather.com claims 60% chance, AccuWeather is more dramatic with forecast up to 98%

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
898 posts
28 reviews
6. Re: Weather forecast - next week

Take a look at this one:

myforecast.com/bin/expanded_forecast_15day.m…

Make you feel a bit better? Read the word forecast :)

Edited: 10:25 am, May 10, 2012
Vancouver
Destination Expert
for Akumal, Riviera Maya, Quintana Roo, Puerto Morelos
Level Contributor
46,139 posts
7. Re: Weather forecast - next week

vlasd, I just returned

Everyone says to IGNORE weather forecasts so do so and enjoy your vacation

Almost every 1st timer asks this SAME ?, and when they return - says IT WAS SOO SUNNY

Level Contributor
23 posts
1 review
8. Re: Weather forecast - next week

Thank you Regina, gives me hope :))

Vancouver, I'm actually second-timer, and first time I came to PDC, forecasts promised rain for a couple of days but it was scattered thunderstorms instead. I keep that in mind, but given strange weather mutations this year all across north america (super warm and dry winter here in NYC, cold and gloomy May so far) and weather forecasts for my area so far have been quite spot-on. My hopes are that forecasts are more unpredictable in tropical climates :)

Thank you for your help!!

Chorley, United...
Level Contributor
386 posts
3 reviews
9. Re: Weather forecast - next week

I can tell you one thing. It's mighty hot today and and getting warmer. Not a cloud in the sky. Being from Manchester England I wouldn't mind a bit of rain lol. Only joking

Cheers Ash ;)

CT
Level Contributor
445 posts
10. Re: Weather forecast - next week

Even if it does say 98% chance of rain, that doesn't mean it will rain all day.