We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Booked trip with Funjet and price has dropped?

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Manitoba, Canada
Level Contributor
696 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Booked trip with Funjet and price has dropped?

I booked my trip 6 days ago and now the price has dropped 120.00. The flight numbers and times are exactly the same as what is on my itinerary. This was booked with my TA.

Will funjet lower my price? If so, do I call funjet directly or call my TA?

Northern US
Destination Expert
for Playa Paraiso
Level Contributor
4,027 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Booked trip with Funjet and price has dropped?

Did you purchase the optional price guarantee insurance? If not, don't expect any price adjustments.

Kenosha, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
55 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Booked trip with Funjet and price has dropped?

Deffinetely call your TA

Kansas City...
Destination Expert
for Cancun
Level Contributor
5,963 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Booked trip with Funjet and price has dropped?

As long as you have the trip insurance, they will honor the price drop..Call your TA immediately as the price may not stay that low..

4. Re: Booked trip with Funjet and price has dropped?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 10:40 am, April 27, 2012
Edited: 10:40 am, April 27, 2012
drkhan
Level Contributor
8 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Booked trip with Funjet and price has dropped?

wow funjet droped big time, haha my diff is 1000 dollars now....can u still get trip insurence if u havent paid full for the trip yet??

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
841 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Booked trip with Funjet and price has dropped?

Our price dropped too by $600 but if you don't buy the insurance at the time you buy your package you're out of luck. I've called them and they told me to read the web site carefully (which I already knew but thought maybe they'd be nice since it was a big drop :). They have a price guarantee section - read it, you do have to buy the insurance.

Manitoba, Canada
Level Contributor
696 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Booked trip with Funjet and price has dropped?

Trying to call my TA! oh well, its only 120.00. I still think I have a great deal!

Boston, MA
Level Contributor
276 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Booked trip with Funjet and price has dropped?

We've traveled with Funjet twice and both times have purchased the trip insurance. Both times the price dropped and they gave me the lower price with no problem. On my most recent trip, the price dropped three times and they honored all three price changes. The last price drop was after we paid our final balance and they credited my credit card. I could not be more pleased with their customer service. You need to stay on top of the price, checking frequently, but it is worth it.

Manitoba, Canada
Level Contributor
696 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Booked trip with Funjet and price has dropped?

I called funjet and because I did not purchase insurance they will not adjust the price. Oh well ! Hopefully, the rest of you have insurance.,

10. Re: Booked trip with Funjet and price has dropped?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:43 pm, June 18, 2013