We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tour Coba and Mayan Village Same Day? Which Tour Guide?

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Philadelphia, PA
Level Contributor
64 posts
181 reviews
Save Topic
Tour Coba and Mayan Village Same Day? Which Tour Guide?

Hello,

I have not seen this question in the Forums yet... We are staying in Playa del Carmen the week of 30 Mar - 6 April and want to go on a 1-day tour that includes the Ruins of Coba and a Mayan village. We prefer a small tour (mini-bus, perhaps 8 people). Most of the tours combine ruins and snorkeling, which we are not big on.

We will be traveling with a person who has medical issues and needs rather frequent access to a bathroom. Any suggestions on which tour guide/company to use? Does Coba have bathroom facilities?

Thank you!

Mentioned in this post
Playa del Carmen
Playa del Carmen
Riviera Maya, Mexico
Ruins of Tulum
Ruins of Tulum
26,319 Reviews
Tulum, Mexico
Mayan Palace at Vidanta Riviera Maya
Mayan Palace at Vidanta...
4,526 Reviews
Playa Paraiso, Mexico
Iowa
Level Contributor
42 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tour Coba and Mayan Village Same Day? Which Tour Guide?

Check out USA Transfers (Entertainment Plus). They have private tours. They have a tour to Coba & you can add on a Mayan Village. We plan to book this tour in June. And I believe there are bathrooms at the entrance, not sure about once inside the ruins area.

Mentioned in this post
USA Transfers
USA Transfers
8,696 Reviews
Cancun, Mexico
Entertainment Plus
Entertainment Plus
6,287 Reviews
Cancun, Mexico
4,526 Reviews
Playa Paraiso, Mexico
Iowa
Level Contributor
42 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tour Coba and Mayan Village Same Day? Which Tour Guide?

Check out USA Transfers (Entertainment Plus...out of Cancun). They have private tours. They have a tour to Coba & you can add on a Mayan Village. We plan to book this tour in June. And I believe there are bathrooms at the entrance, not sure about once inside the ruins area.

Mentioned in this post
USA Transfers
USA Transfers
8,696 Reviews
Cancun, Mexico
Entertainment Plus
Entertainment Plus
6,287 Reviews
Cancun, Mexico
Cancun
Cancun
Quintana Roo, Mexico
4,526 Reviews
Playa Paraiso, Mexico
Philadelphia, PA
Level Contributor
64 posts
181 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tour Coba and Mayan Village Same Day? Which Tour Guide?

Thank you for your reply. I did some reading about this company in TripAdvisor and there was a bit of controversy a few years back. Not sure about now, but I did get a personal response from YucaTours, which is highly rated by other TripAdvisor reviewers. We will likely go with them. Enjoy your trip!

Calgary
Destination Expert
for Akumal, Riviera Maya, Cancun
Level Contributor
25,472 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tour Coba and Mayan Village Same Day? Which Tour Guide?

Yucatreks - http://www.yucatreks.com/cobatreasures.htm

Rainbow Lake, Canada
Level Contributor
40 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Tour Coba and Mayan Village Same Day? Which Tour Guide?

I went last year and did the coba tour, we hit the ruins and village and went to the cenotes, our tour guide was Pedro and he was awesome very informative He works with national geographic and the mayan culture. I'm heading back next week and will check out more.

6. Re: Tour Coba and Mayan Village Same Day? Which Tour Guide?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:41 am, June 20, 2013