We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best All Inclusive for Food

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Brookfield...
Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Topic
Best All Inclusive for Food

Which All-Inclusive do you recommend in Playa del Carmen for foodies?

1. Re: Best All Inclusive for Food

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 5:35 pm, July 31, 2013
Springfield...
Level Contributor
9,502 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best All Inclusive for Food

You will find no better AI food than at The Royal Hideaway! It's excellent, AI or not. If you're a real foody, you won't be disappointed.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
2,972 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best All Inclusive for Food

Either the Royal Hideaway or the Grand Velas.

Vancouver
Level Contributor
1,602 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best All Inclusive for Food

If you are a real foodie, don't go all inclusive. Stay in a boutique hotel in town. There are 250 restaurants in Playa and 150 of them are good, 75 or more are above excellent. I'm a foodie, search "foodie heaven" and you will see one of my posts re restaurants in Playa.

Edited: 6:39 pm, March 18, 2012
Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
6,453 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best All Inclusive for Food

Since you are asking about AI, we found some great dining at Ocean Coral and Turquesa in Puerto Morelos, near PDC.

Huntington Woods...
Level Contributor
49 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best All Inclusive for Food

I have not stayed at Grand Velas yet (but I am going in April)...I do know that they held a food bloggers conference there AND the resort was recently featured on a well respected food and travel journalists blog (link here: http://blog.bradajohnson.net/review-grand-velas-playa-del-carmen-mexico)

Like I said...I have not stayed there yet but that blog and the picture sort of speak for themselves!

Chicago, IL
Level Contributor
339 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best All Inclusive for Food

We enjoyed the food at Paradisus la Esmeralda/Perla and found it to be above standard AI fare.

Cocoa Beach, Florida
Destination Expert
for Cancun, Riviera Maya, Negril
Level Contributor
16,067 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Best All Inclusive for Food

Grand Velas has the best food of any AI we have ever stayed in anywhere. Great food and superb service. It is in a class by itself.

Next for food is Le Blanc and El Dorado Seaside. Both are top notch but the edge goes to LB.

Saskatoon, Canada
Destination Expert
for Riviera Maya
Level Contributor
13,295 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Best All Inclusive for Food

We have only stayed AI one time in this area, but we felt the food at the Barcelo Maya Palace to be very good. Especially at the French a la carte, best steak by far we have had in Mexico.

Brookfield...
Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Best All Inclusive for Food

Do you have a recommendation for a boutique hotel? I've never actually stayed at an all-inclusive because of the food concerns but I really don't know much about Playa del Carmen.