We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Question about Coco bongo and cancun

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
70 posts
Save Topic
Question about Coco bongo and cancun

heading off on honeymoon with the other half in july to playa del carmen. are the coco bongo clubs in pdc and cancun on a par with each other or is it worth traveling to cancun to visit theirs? I believe they are not a nightclub in the traditional sense of the word as in they have shows and different types of entertainment? With the fact we are coming from across the pond its likely we wont be returning to mexico anytime soon so is cancun a place you should see or is a couple of trips into pdc enough? Staying in smb.

Last thing which park or parks would you recommend? Not really interested in visiting mayan ruins in july without been able to cool off. Thanks for your help:)

Playa del Carmen...
Level Contributor
5,001 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Question about Coco bongo and cancun

The Coco Bongo's in Playa is great you do not have to see them both.However if you love high end shopping then a trip to Cancun is worth it as they have lots of very high end store in their malls there. La Isla is a must with its open air mall and Venice like canals (that are not frozen)you can take a gondola ride through. Cancun is great just depends what YOU are looking for.

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
70 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Question about Coco bongo and cancun

thanks romy. suppose just having a stroll around a bit of nice food and a few drinks. if anything i want to keep her as far away from high end shopping:)

Playa del Carmen...
Level Contributor
5,001 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Question about Coco bongo and cancun

Stay in Playa then !! ;-)

Lincoln, Nebraska
Level Contributor
1,164 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Question about Coco bongo and cancun

The Coco-bongos in Playa is right on par with cancun IMO...

Playa is great, perfect place to use as a base to see some of the great things the RM has to offer. There is some Great shopping in PDC as well...

Look into xcaret and Xe-Hal they are both beautiful and full day actives with food, drinks, snorkeling ect. You can't go wrong with either park. There are others as well but I didn't mention them b/c I've never been:)

Your also close to Tulum, neat ruins with one of the prettiest beaches I have ever seen, and the get even better. Just saying becuase it is really beautiful and if you go you can take a dip in the sea, it's right there:)

Happy travels and Congrats;)

Green Valley...
Level Contributor
247 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Question about Coco bongo and cancun

IMHO if you're not likely to be in the area again... take in at least ONE of the ruins - Tulum is "nearby" just go the very earliest in the day - very open with little shade but beautiful beach! Coba is also nearby and is primarily shaded... combine either with a cool off dip in cenotes. If you skip the Mayan ruins it's like skipping Eiffel Tower while in Paris and the like...

CoCo BONGO promises to be a FUN time!!

Have a great vacation!

Edited: 9:59 am, February 06, 2012
Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
70 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Question about Coco bongo and cancun

thanks again folks

7. Re: Question about Coco bongo and cancun

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:28 am, May 11, 2013