We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Royal Hideaway compared to the Secrets Resorts?

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Playa del Carmen hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Fort Frances...
Level Contributor
41 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Royal Hideaway compared to the Secrets Resorts?

Oops I forgot to include Royal Hideaway in my last note. How does the Royal Hideaway compare to the two Secrets Resorts?

WJW
Hinckley,Ohio
Level Contributor
526 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Royal Hideaway compared to the Secrets Resorts?

I've stayed at SC and RH the food is comparable,the rooms are really huge at RH the bathroom is enormous,the third floor rooms have cathedryl ceilings,the bulidings are separate from the main bld and the pool overlooks the ocean.If you want to be close to town Rh is a 2 mi walk away. SC is the better bang for the buck,excellent food beautiful rooms, secluded beach.A $12 cab ride to town.

Kansas City
Level Contributor
437 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Royal Hideaway compared to the Secrets Resorts?

I would give my vote for RH, but Secets is a very nice resort. Have stayed at Royal twice and are heading back next month. Stayed at Capri last October and it was very nice. I just thought service, food, location, resort layout were nicer at RH. However, if you're on a budget, you will save money at Secrets. There are more younger, lively people (it seemed) at Secrets. Our first resort in PDC was Royal and just feel it's the very best in Playa. Let me know if you have any additional questions.