We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sandos Playacar - drinking the water and the coffee

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
14 posts
8 reviews
5 helpful votes
Sandos Playacar - drinking the water and the coffee

From all I have read, the drinking water in the resorts is safe from a microbial perspective, but that some people still get intestinal issues because the mineral content is vastly different.

Has any one heard of issues with drinking the resort coffee? I am a 3 - 4 cup a day man while working, and a 1 - 2 cup a day vacationer.

Green Valley...
Level Contributor
278 posts
53 reviews
33 helpful votes
1. Re: Sandos Playacar - drinking the water and the coffee

U will find boted water in ur room drive - often many of those intestinal issues can be relates to over eating & over drinking... Just my opinion...

Regarding coffee - wouldn't be concerned - water at resorts is purified & very hot when prepared...

Have a great vacation!

Meridian, Idaho
Level Contributor
1,187 posts
36 reviews
59 helpful votes
2. Re: Sandos Playacar - drinking the water and the coffee

Do yourself a favor-bring your own coffee grounds in a ziplock and filters and then use the coffee maker in your room. Sandos has hands down the worst coffee I have ever ever ever had. Ever.

The "froo-froo" coffee drinks the Select club bar made me were amazing, though.

I had no GI issues whatsoever at the resort-and I have Crohn's Colitis.

Edited: 12:20 am, December 07, 2011
Meridian, Idaho
Level Contributor
1,187 posts
36 reviews
59 helpful votes
3. Re: Sandos Playacar - drinking the water and the coffee

Ooooh that was my 900th post. I am a nerd.

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
14 posts
8 reviews
5 helpful votes
4. Re: Sandos Playacar - drinking the water and the coffee

Interesting that you found the coffee that bad. Another poster commenting on the food indicated that they make great coffee at the main bar in the piazza. Did you try getting coffee there?

waterloo ontario
Level Contributor
577 posts
5. Re: Sandos Playacar - drinking the water and the coffee

We used the water at the Sandos for my toddler son (about 17 months old) without any issues. There was also bottled water available at all times

As posted water at all the resorts is purified and usually intenral plumbinfg issues are the result of a combinaiton of too much drink, to much food and too much sun and too little sleep.

new york/new jersey...
Level Contributor
2,706 posts
4 reviews
13 helpful votes
6. Re: Sandos Playacar - drinking the water and the coffee

Been to Sandos 8x and never had an issue w coffee or ice in the drinks...the room has plenty of bottled water if u have a room w a coffee pot...I never drank the tap water but did brush my teeth w it...all tho the resort has a filtration system they will tell u not to drink the tap water...the ice is brought in and filtered differently...boiling kills everything so coffee is fine...

Truth be told most Ppl that get sick do so fr too much drinking/eating etc not to mention being out in the sun all day...

Have a great time :)

Meridian, Idaho
Level Contributor
1,187 posts
36 reviews
59 helpful votes
7. Re: Sandos Playacar - drinking the water and the coffee

Dad-I only tried the frappucino at the bar-he made it out of a packet of something-not sure what. But it was amazing.

The coffee you get with breakfast and in the room is terrible for sure. (I mean, that's what my opinion was. Everybody has different taste buds).

8. Re: Sandos Playacar - drinking the water and the coffee

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:19 am, December 08, 2012