We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

riu palace renovations start/finish date please

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
bristol
Level Contributor
400 posts
128 reviews
Save Topic
riu palace renovations start/finish date please

help, does anyone know the expected start/finish date of the renovations im staying there in early may first visit to mexico

thankyou

Arizona
Level Contributor
73 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: riu palace renovations start/finish date please

You should not be bothered with any construction.

I thought I had read somewhere on here that it was going to be the end of Aug until the end of Nov 2012. I think the re-opening was set for Dec 1st.

B.C. Canada
Level Contributor
8,843 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: riu palace renovations start/finish date please

August 12 - Nov 30 '12. You'll be fine.

wisconsin
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: riu palace renovations start/finish date please

Stay at the RPM every spring, will all renovations really be complete by then? I know how construction delays happen and projects sometimes go much longer than planned.

B.C. Canada
Level Contributor
8,843 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: riu palace renovations start/finish date please

Yes, Rius have an excellent reputation of completing new and renovated resorts on time. They just bring in more and more workers if/as they need them. You can book starting Dec 1.

derby ct
8 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: riu palace renovations start/finish date please

I really hope the RIU is done with renovations on time.We have reservations for Feb 4 2013.

Edited: 4:28 pm, October 20, 2012
B.C. Canada
Level Contributor
8,843 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: riu palace renovations start/finish date please

You're going Feb 4 Lisa? and you're worried? Sorry, we'll be there Dec 3 and not worried at all. We've been assured by Management that if it's not ready they'll be putting up tents in the parking lot. LOL The last pictures I saw from a couple weeks ago the pool area and new restaurant was quite a mess but it looked like the new glass railings were up on the rooms and that's usually an indication they're pretty well finished inside.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
530 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: riu palace renovations start/finish date please

From everything I've read, there should not be any delay in re-opening the RPM early December. We'll be part of a large contigent of folks from Mississouri, Michigan and Ontario staying there mid January and not worried in the least. As Bob says, although it's quite a mess right now, work is progressing quite rapidly. Try not to stress about it. jellybabe2, you've brought back lots of memories of our first of many trips to Mexico, Acapulco in the mid 80's.

Mentioned in this post
Mexico
Mexico
North America
Acapulco
Acapulco
Guerrero, Mexico
Danville, California
Level Contributor
1,471 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: riu palace renovations start/finish date please

Bob where did you see pictures? I was wondering if there were some

B.C. Canada
Level Contributor
8,843 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: riu palace renovations start/finish date please

http://www.riubambu.com/photopost/index.php If the pics don't show up, they should, look for those of Keith5919. After you've looked at them click on "forums" at the top left of the page. Lots of great info there for all the Rius in Mexico and the Caribbean. Golfnutt and I are both members there. Join up and ask questions or give answers.

Mentioned in this post
Mexico
Mexico
North America
Caribbean
Caribbean
North America
derby ct
8 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: riu palace renovations start/finish date please

bobfrombc Gee thanks for the reassurance!! Tents?? Tents in the parking lots????? Just make sure my tent will be oceanview! Please post pics and comments when you go in Dec.

Edited: 7:48 am, October 23, 2012