We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

weather

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Chicago
Level Contributor
49 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
weather

Hubby and I leaving Tuesday for Reef Playacar. I checked the weather for Playa and it shows thundershowers every single day! Anyone that has come back from there did it storm every day or just a light shower? Thanks

Kansas City...
Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: weather

JudiLynn - don't know about recently but my experience this time last year was a weather prediction exactly as you're describing. In reality it turned out to be a few clouds each day, a light brief shower one day, and actual rain for a brief time another day (both coming late, late afternoon/early evening). Not too bad given the predicitons. I'm hoping for the same next week for my stay at RPDC. Enjoy your vacation!!

Louisville, Kentucky
Level Contributor
200 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: weather

Just back from 7 days at Secrets Maroma Beach and I'd say don't believe it will rain all the time. It rained 3 times in the entire week, twice it was but a brief shower. Last Monday it did rain for a few hours during the day but we were at the Fusion Bar in PDC and had a great time. The staff should and will tell you if and when rain is coming. We were sitting outside the Fusion and the waiter said "rain will be here in 3 minutes" he took Us in from the beach table to the inside. Weather forecasts were 30%-60% everyday and like I said overall we got very little rain. Have a Great Vacation !

B.C. Canada
Level Contributor
8,884 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: weather

Check the weather for today and then look at the webcam in front of the Playacar Palace webcamsdemexico.com/webcam-playa-del-carmen.… which is about 3/4 mile north of the Reef.

Boardman, Ohio
Level Contributor
7,417 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: weather

Judilynn,

You are heading to a tropical region. It almost ALWAYS shows a chance of rain & thunderstorms, but rarely does as much as the forecast predicts..

Davie, Florida
Level Contributor
11,187 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: weather

the weather forecast does not and rarely does show t-storms every single day. what the forecast does show is a 30 to 60% chance of isolated or scattered t-storms.

Chicago
Level Contributor
49 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: weather

Thanks all!!!

Playa del Carmen...
Level Contributor
631 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: weather

JudiLynn, not to jinx anything but it has been really nice, lately. Not much in the way of tropical stuff, which is rare for this time of year. A couple of quick showers at night and that is about it. Hope it stays that way for you.

Athens, Alabama
Level Contributor
170 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: weather

I was there Sept 9th thru the 14th and it called for 60% Mon and Tue. It rained for about five minutes Mon just long enough to run us to the room. And it rained for about two hours Tue and we just stayed in the Spa'[s hottub till it was time to get ready for dinner. Both of these showers started about 4:00 pm

9. Re: weather

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:19 pm, October 22, 2012