We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ever do back to back trips???

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
875 posts
50 reviews
Ever do back to back trips???

I had already booked Sandos on the travelocity deal for November. Now my Mom just booked us on a girls spa trip to Puerto Rico.I return from one trip and leave for the next 4 days later. Anyone ever do this ?? Do you stay in Vacation mode or does it seem too much?? Just wondering???

Saint James City...
Destination Expert
for San Pedro
Level Contributor
16,558 posts
10 reviews
1. Re: Ever do back to back trips???

Going to Belize for 10 days next month. Home for four, off to florida for eight days. HOme for a couple weeks, off to Curacao and Bonaire for two weeks. Home for two weeks. Off to Belize for three months......

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
875 posts
50 reviews
2. Re: Ever do back to back trips???

Do you do this often How do you like it??

Texas
Level Contributor
1,269 posts
4 reviews
3. Re: Ever do back to back trips???

"Going to Belize for 10 days next month. Home for four, off to florida for eight days. HOme for a couple weeks, off to Curacao and Bonaire for two weeks. Home for two weeks. Off to Belize for three months......"

This would be MY Dream!!! How nice! Enjoy!

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
3,734 posts
30 reviews
4. Re: Ever do back to back trips???

Sounds great, and if i ever had the opportuinty i'm sure i would stay in holiday mode. Go on hols pop back check on the house etc, then off again lovely.

Enjoy It

Saint James City...
Destination Expert
for San Pedro
Level Contributor
16,558 posts
10 reviews
5. Re: Ever do back to back trips???

Since we retired a couple of years ago, this has become our pattern. Last fall it was Puerto Vallarta, Jamiaca, Florida and onto Belize the first of January.

Before we retired, it was 7-10 nights a month for the winter months.

I don't travel in the spring or summer, other than perhaps a long weekend. I'm happy here in my garden.

bemidji minnesota
Level Contributor
8,296 posts
19 reviews
6. Re: Ever do back to back trips???

I have long coveted Jean's life. :) But sweetpea......GOOD FOR YOU! Can't wait to hear TWO trip reports from you this fall!

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
875 posts
50 reviews
7. Re: Ever do back to back trips???

JeanH I understand about being happy in the garden. I love my house and yard. The winters are just so long here.

MNhasSnow,

How are you girl!!!! Yes I am very lucky, Mom and sisters in PR and Hubby in playa!!! Never went anywhere so close together. I hope I can stay in vcation mode the whole time!!!

Charlottesville...
Level Contributor
343 posts
2 reviews
8. Re: Ever do back to back trips???

stay in vacation mode, do laundry, take next trip! Lucky you!

Bayville, New Jersey
Level Contributor
1,519 posts
48 reviews
9. Re: Ever do back to back trips???

sweetpea,

Never tried it, but would LOVE to give it a try!!!

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Yucatan Peninsula
Level Contributor
19,363 posts
73 reviews
10. Re: Ever do back to back trips???

Ive done back to back business-vacation trips. It's fine, except when you're in San Francisco until Wednesday then leave for Paris on Friday. That's when the No Jet Lag Pills really come in handy!

Ive also done combo trips where Ive packed for a business trip and vacation in a carryon - and gone to Mexico from a San Diego business trip. That's sort of a challenge, but it worked...

Jean - rough life. My parents live on St Barth, but Im tempted to ask you to adopt me! The snorkeling there isnt great (but they do have sea turtles)

suitcaseready.com