We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bathrooms at either of the Secrets Resorts, Mexico

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Vineland, New Jersey
Level Contributor
65 posts
Save Topic
Bathrooms at either of the Secrets Resorts, Mexico

Hello! I was wondering if anyone who has been to a Secrets Resort could tell me about the privacy of the bathrooms in the regular suites? The resorts look wonderful, but the door to the toilet and shower look only like booth doors? There's no separate area with 4 solid walls to even get dressed in? If anyone could provide me with pics or descriptions, I'd appreciate it. Thank you!

Kansas City
Level Contributor
437 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bathrooms at either of the Secrets Resorts, Mexico

Have stayed and Capri and the toilet itself has a door, but it is glass and so is the shower door. I've been with my husband for almost eleven years so privacy is no big deal for me. I'm not sure what you mean about an area to get dressed in. The bathroom is pretty good sized. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Oakville, Canada
Level Contributor
232 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bathrooms at either of the Secrets Resorts, Mexico

I stayed at SERC last year. There is an area with sink and hot tub which is open but the toilet is separate with a full door as is the shower. For changing purposes you could use either of these if you need privacy.

wisconsin
Level Contributor
167 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bathrooms at either of the Secrets Resorts, Mexico

The shower at SERC is plenty big enough for an army to get dressed in...as long as it is dry!!! Otherwise, you can't completely close off the bathroom area.

The bathroom at Capri closes completely off, just make sure the shutters to the room are closed. The toilet and shower doors are frosted glass but there is a regular door to the room that can provide complete privacy.

Boston
Level Contributor
8 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bathrooms at either of the Secrets Resorts, Mexico

Stayed at Secrets early Feb

The privacy of the bathroom is lacking. The bathroom is its own room but it has a louvered window that looks into the bedroom the glass doors for the toilet and the shower are in the bathroom itself but that huge window into the bedroom gives you no privacy whatsoever....and boy did I need it. I got food poisoning from the restaurant on site and I could have used the privacy. I am still waiting for a response from the hotel regarding a partial refund.....my vacation was ruined in the second day by food poisoning. Beware of the Seafood. The resort itself was gorgeous and they did cater to you..... but getting voilently ill at the resort ....not a happy trip!

Alliston, Canada
Level Contributor
1,242 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bathrooms at either of the Secrets Resorts, Mexico

Hey KristyMac!!

Been to Secrets Capri and you are right there is a lack of privacy when it comes to the bathroom. The shower and the toilete areas do have frosted glass doors and there is a wooden entrance door to the entire washroom area. There is also a window with shutters that acts as sort of a peep thru from your room to the jacuzzi. I found the bathroom area a bit crowded when both my husband and I were trying to get ready for dinner, a dressing area would have been a great idea. However please don't allow the washroom layout deter you from booking this resort, the resort is top notch and the food is some of the best food I have ever tasted. It is also well worth the extra money, as guests of the hotel you are treated like kings and queens.

Vineland, New Jersey
Level Contributor
65 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Bathrooms at either of the Secrets Resorts, Mexico

I want to thank everyone for your responses - the descriptions really helped! It is a different set-up than what I'm used to. Last year my boyfriend and I were at Iberostar Paraiso Maya. Upon walking into your room there, the full bathroom (jacuzzi, stand-up shower, toilet, double sinks) was on your right behind a closed door, and the wet bar was to your left. Then there was also ANOTHER door straight ahead that separated the wet bar and bathroom area from the bedroom area which offered a lot of privacy. It was nice to be able to turn on lights in the bathroom in the middle of the night without waking him up and to make coffee in the morning at the wet bar without disturbing him.

Henrys1 - I'm really sorry to hear about you being sick down there - that's terrible! I had that problem on one trip we took to Punta Cana, and it really puts a damper on things. I often do get stomach ailments when I travel, so I was wondering how comfortable the arrangements in these Secrets rooms would be.

The Secrets resorts look really wonderful, I am just trying to get an idea of what to expect. I am also considering going to Royal Hideaway or the new Paradisus Palma Real in Dominican.

Thanks again to EVERYONE for all of your helpful descriptions!