We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

AI with 14yo girl

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Virginia
Level Contributor
231 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
AI with 14yo girl

I am trying to help a friend pick a resort for her, her husband and her 14 year old daughter. They definitely want to do AI and be relatively close to town. They have never been to Mexico before.

Her daughter isn't much into activities with other teens. She will most likely hang out with her parents (and be happy about it- surprising, I know! haha) for the most part.

Here is her list in order of importance:

1 – Beach

2 – Proximity to town

3 – service

4 – food

5 – entertainment

6 – teen activities

7 – spa

I started looking at resorts for her and have come up with a list of a few so far, but I am not familiar with most of them, so I was hoping for some input.

Iberostar Paraiso Lindo

Iberostar Tucan

Grand Pallidium (which one?)

Sandos Playacar

RIU (which one?)

Playacar Palace

Thanks!

St. Louis, Missouri
Level Contributor
4,891 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: AI with 14yo girl

If they're looking for good service, I wouldn't go to the Palladium. Just my personal experience. Way too big and impersonal....and I'm a social bug. Most of the employees there are not friendly and the service in the restaurants was the worst we have experienced. Plus, it is not close to Playa del Carmen.

The only other one we've been to on your list is the IB* Tucan and it was FAB. Jungle atmosphere, plenty of food selection, great service, employees warm and hospitable, gorgeous beach and it is a 5 minute/$7 cab ride into town. Or there is a little shopping plaza just about a 10 minute walk outside of the resort (in the gated community). Lot's of activities that the whole family could have fun participating or just watching.

But, of all that you listed, I think that Playacar Palace would most fit your above listed criteria....that is if the teen will primarily hang out with her parents.

Edited: 1:24 pm, July 26, 2011
Florida
Level Contributor
1,224 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: AI with 14yo girl

I would also recommend Playacar Palace - gorgeous beach, a few blocks from 5th Ave, the Palace credits for tours, spa, etc, use of sister properties, great service, good food, 24 hour room service, etc.

3. Re: AI with 14yo girl

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:18 pm, October 08, 2012