We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Just got back from Viva wyndham maya any questions?

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Rainbow Lake, Canada
Level Contributor
40 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Just got back from Viva wyndham maya any questions?

I just got back from Playa stayed at the viva wyndham maya also did the party hopper tour feel free to ask away!

Newport House Playa del Carmen
Newport House Playa del Carmen
#3 of 220 hotels in Playa del Carmen
Petit Lafitte
Petit Lafitte
#5 of 220 hotels in Playa del Carmen
Fairmont Mayakoba
Fairmont Mayakoba
#11 of 220 hotels in Playa del Carmen
Richmond, BC
Level Contributor
5,376 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Just got back from Viva wyndham maya any questions?

How was the food? How many alacarte dinners are incl. with the week of stay? Did you see if they have a live music - a local band playing on some evenings across the lobby bar?

dracut,ma
Level Contributor
217 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Just got back from Viva wyndham maya any questions?

Is it true that they don't provide as much bottled water as you would like? How is this resort for kids?

Rainbow Lake, Canada
Level Contributor
40 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Just got back from Viva wyndham maya any questions?

Hey Olga

The food was good, the service was amazing. I didn't go to the ala cartes but you get 3 for the week. I didn't see any Live bands when we were there, but you can get all that in Playa which is only a 25 min walk. I heard that the mediterranean restaurant was the best.

Triciae

This resort is very family and couples, There was 2 of us and we got 1 small bottle of water in the room. We bought pretty much all our water.

If by chance you go to Senor Frogs don't fill out the survey it's a timeshare scam they tell you will be entered in a contest but everyone wins LOL it wasted 6 hrs of vacay.I hope this helps

We did the mayan Treasure for excursion and it was amazing Pedro was our guide and he was great if your interested maybe put in a request I learned alot about Mayan culture.

Have a great vacation. :)

Mentioned in this post
Mayan Palace at Vidanta Riviera Maya
Mayan Palace at Vidanta...
4,526 Reviews
Playa Paraiso, Mexico
Chilliwack
Level Contributor
23 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Just got back from Viva wyndham maya any questions?

Just wondering if there are beach vendors for Viva Wyndham Maya? Also any suggestions on where to book tours? I have heard that it is cheaper to book through someone other than the hotel. I am also wondering about the fridge in the room...is it stocked with pop/alcahol/water? thanks :)

Stacey

Mentioned in this post
Viva Wyndham Maya - An All Inclusive Resort
Viva Wyndham Maya - An...
7,195 Reviews
Playa del Carmen, Mexico
Marion, North...
Level Contributor
735 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Just got back from Viva wyndham maya any questions?

We stayed at and enjoyed Viva Maya last June. Some evenings the vendors would come and set up in the courtyard, but I believe the prices were better in the shops in Playa.

The tours are cheaper through some other vendor besides the hotel. We booked a Tulum and Beyond tour through Yucatreks and had a great time!

They didn't give us any water in our room, so we bought some from the little shops across from Viva Maya. Have a great holiday!

Mentioned in this post
Maya Tulum Resort
Maya Tulum Resort
415 Reviews
Tulum, Mexico
Tulum
Tulum
Riviera Maya, Mexico
YucaTreks
YucaTreks
633 Reviews
Playa del Carmen, Mexico
Rainbow Lake, Canada
Level Contributor
40 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Just got back from Viva wyndham maya any questions?

I didn't see any vendors on the beach just ppl selling parasailing, We booked our tours through sunwing at the resort but i noticed there were alot of ppl selling excursions off the resort to but I didn't look into them. WHen you get there you are given 1 small bottle of water and nothing in the fridge maybe your room will be different but mine didn;t. I hope that helps.

Detroit, Michigan
Level Contributor
606 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Just got back from Viva wyndham maya any questions?

I was there last week for a quick 5 night get away. This was my third time at this resort. I feel that the food in the buffet was not that good. I did not pay much for this trip so I did not expect much. Other things were very good. We were allowed to eat at several ala cartes. The best was the italian at Azteca. It was fantastic! Portofino was good. Bamboo was a diasappointment. This was my favorite last trip. Staff was all very friendly. There were no bands in the lobby area. Disappointed that they did not have the appetizer/drink set up like previous visits. Azteca did. We had a nice room with a fridge. Water was stocked every day. We always had 3 bottles of water, a juice, and 2 soft drinks. I left 4 dollars for the housekeeper daily and 2 dollars in the fridge daily. The drinks were very good with name brand liquor. Loved that they have coffee machines located in the bars...it was nice to have espressos any time of the day. We never had issues getting loungers. People do reserve the shaded areas. Staff was out removing items trying to keep it under control but it was not consistent. All in all this was resort was a good value for what I paid.

Worcester, United...
Level Contributor
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Just got back from Viva wyndham maya any questions?

Hi all,

we are off to VWM on the 17th may 2011 for 2 weeks. Really looking forward to it but I am a bit confused about a few things so I am hoping someone can help please!

First of all we have booked a 'superior ocean view' room and I am hoping that it is actually facing the ocean and not just a glimpse of it.Can anybody please clarify this? Also is there a fridge in the room and any tea making facilities? (we are british after all)! ;-)

Does the 3 alacarte meals include the ones taken at the sister hotel and are the drinks there also included in the AI?

Thanks for your time.

Linda

brandon,ms
Level Contributor
10 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Just got back from Viva wyndham maya any questions?

Where is the best place to take a nine year old boy for fun that is not crazy expensive?

Richmond, BC
Level Contributor
5,376 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Just got back from Viva wyndham maya any questions?

Linda - there are no tea making facilities at any of the Riviera Maya resort we visited (a lot), they all are about the coffee, but you can get the tea at the bars at any time of the day. I do not think that you would like to use the coffeemaker to boil the water as it always gets the coffee aftertaste. The stocked fridge in the rooms availability depends on the arrangement your tour operator gets with the resort, check their web-site for the room description. You get to pick where you want to eat these 3 alacartes - they can be booked at all the restaurants at both Maya and Azteca.

shetray - Viva Maya is a good option for the vacation with the kid of that age (and one of the least expensive), they have tons of the kids activities at the resort incl. the gymnastics trapeze and there are usually tons of kids so they have a company. Other good places (but more expensive ones) are Grand Palladium, Barcelo, Iberostars. People with the kids like Sandos Playacar as well.

Mentioned in this post
Riviera Maya
Riviera Maya
Quintana Roo, Mexico
Maya Tulum Resort
Maya Tulum Resort
415 Reviews
Tulum, Mexico
Sandos Playacar Beach Resort
Sandos Playacar Beach...
14,793 Reviews
Playa del Carmen, Mexico