We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

10 days left to Riu Tequila, I have some minor questions.

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Topic
10 days left to Riu Tequila, I have some minor questions.

I'm REALLY looking forward to this trip. I've already subjected myself to a minor "fake & bake" sunburn getting ready.

Here goes,

1. Do any of the clubs play music other than Rap or Hip Hop, my wife and I prefer Blues, Jazz or Classic Rock.

2. Should I request a certain room or block? We would rather not hear people outside the room all night every night. We don't mind walking a long way to the beach.

3. We are taking the Coba trip through playainfo.com. Is there anything else that absolutely should not be missed? This is our first trip there and we expect to return, so we don't have to shove everything into one trip.

4. We both love seafood, mostly shellfish. Where should we eat, both at the resort and downtown?

Thanks, I'd appreciate any additional suggestions as well.

Jerry & Anita

Winnipeg
Level Contributor
151 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: 10 days left to Riu Tequila, I have some minor questions.

There are a few places in Playa that you might like such as the Tequila Barril, Bourbon Street Bar, La Ranita, Beer bucket. The first 2 are on 5th ave...the other 2 are on 10th street between 5th ave and 10th ave. You wont find Hip Hop or Rap music there. If you like reggae music...there is a cute little bar called El Pirata located next to blue parrot.

If you enjoy snorkeling I would say Xel-Ha...its soooo beautiful there! Might also want to check out Tulum or better yet...go to Isla Mujeres....it has the most gorgeous beach.

For seafood...maybe check out Blue Lobster downtown on 12th street off 5th ave.

RapidCity,SD
Level Contributor
33 posts
163 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 10 days left to Riu Tequila, I have some minor questions.

We had great food at the Riu Tequilla. Make reservations for the steakhouse there, it was very good. Downtown is only a $5 cab ride and there are many shops, bars and restraunts. Really enjoyed downtown--lots of variety. We did the Coba trip thru Alltournative tour. We really enjoyed it, probably the best part of the trip and would highly recommend it. We also went to Tulum and Xel-ha. Also would recommend both, Tulum is beautiful and lots of fun at Xel-ha. We only had and half a day at Xel-ha but could easily have stayed there all day. Cozumel is nice too--it costs $18 roundtrip. There you can take a horse draw carriage ride around town. Have fun.