We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cigars

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Iowa
Level Contributor
15 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Cigars

I will be at the lindo for a few days - is there a good shop to buy a bunch of "authentic" cuban cigars??

Playa del Carmen
Level Contributor
81 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cigars

If you are going to be in Playa del Carmen, and have a Sam's club card, Sam's in Playa sells Cubans in the Liquor department. No chance of a knock off here... real deal. Reasonable price as well...

Iowa
Level Contributor
15 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Cigars

i mean a shop ---not a sams - and is is ok to bring "cuban" cigars back to the US?

Lodi, California
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
25,385 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cigars

Can't bring them back to the US. They will be confiscated and you may be fined.

Iowa
Level Contributor
15 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Cigars

thanks for the tip - i wanted to bring one back for my father but oh well

Lodi, California
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
25,385 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cigars

too bad it can't work-but customs can be pretty picky! Wonder if you could have them mail some? Still not legal, but worth asking about perhaps.........have a good trip!

Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Cigars

Cuban cigars are not woth the risk. There are some fine quality Dominican cigars. Try the Dominican Cohibas. They are very good and wont get you fined.

Springfield...
Level Contributor
9,502 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Cigars

Cohibas are really good from PDC. Also, on the cuban cigars.....sometimes when you buy them, the vendor will take off the band and put a band on it that says made in Mexico for you so no problem getting them back.....if you are up to doing that....they do it in Cancun all the time....not sure about PDC.