We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

PDC Hotel questions: Viva Wyndham Maya vs. Allegro Playacar?

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
canada
Level Contributor
93 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
PDC Hotel questions: Viva Wyndham Maya vs. Allegro Playacar?

Would anyone be able to answer a couple questions about these hotels?

My friend and I are trying to decide where to stay, 2 single 40-ish females.

Wondering if the Viva Wyndham Maya is all families and kids? Would single gals have fun there?

Also, does anyone know if the Allegro Playacar has a beach? I saw some pics from awhile back that looked like it was washed away from hurricanes.

Any good suggestions for a reasonably priced resort for 2 single gals would be great. Thnx.

Lakeshore/Wisconsin
Level Contributor
492 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: PDC Hotel questions: Viva Wyndham Maya vs. Allegro Playacar?

I have only stayed at the Viva Maya and yes there are families there, but we didn't feel overrun w/kids (even the 2 couples in our group who don't have kids). The beach was definitely better at the Viva vs.the Allegro, plus you will also have exchange privledges with the Viva Azteca.

Belgium
Level Contributor
180 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: PDC Hotel questions: Viva Wyndham Maya vs. Allegro Playacar?

Was there something to do in the evening?

2 late 20 year old females going to Viva Wyndham in 10 days?

canada
Level Contributor
93 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: PDC Hotel questions: Viva Wyndham Maya vs. Allegro Playacar?

Thanks for the info, kdamman. I didn't know we'd share facilities w/the Azteca. Good to know!

Sounds like the Viva Maya is a better choice right now, as from some other postings it seems like the Allegro Playacar beach is either non-existent or in rough shape.

Anyone else w/firsthand knowledge please post!

canada
Level Contributor
93 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: PDC Hotel questions: Viva Wyndham Maya vs. Allegro Playacar?

Bumping this up... Still like to hear if any 30s / 40s singles have stayed at Viva Wyndham Maya before and how you found it?

Thnx

Brooklin, Canada
Level Contributor
11 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: PDC Hotel questions: Viva Wyndham Maya vs. Allegro Playacar?

I have also heard it is good for non 20's group. I am heading there with a single guy friend on Feb 4th for a week. I am mid 30's and he is just about 40. We also have two friends coming into Riu Tequila across the street who are mid 40's and they have been to PDC before - they said both are excellent.

Encinitas, CA
Level Contributor
233 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: PDC Hotel questions: Viva Wyndham Maya vs. Allegro Playacar?

I've been to the Viva Wyndham Maya twice - both times over X-Mas.

The primary activity at night is the show, which is primarily for kids. There is a disco, but it's not what I would call a happening place. Of course, this could change week by week, depending on who happens to be staying there. Over X-Mas, there are obviously a lot of families travelling.

If you're a single person looking for nightlife, you'll probably end up downtown in PDC.

There is a lot to do during the day, however, and you'll probably have a fantastic time - I did.

Shaky

canada
Level Contributor
93 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: PDC Hotel questions: Viva Wyndham Maya vs. Allegro Playacar?

Thanks for the replies Shaky & Wrenster. Kinda expect families around, but I'm sure they'll be kept busy w/activities and shows. I can deal w/that for a week in the sun!

Wrenster... Good to hear other single people will be there! My friend and I are females, early 40s... will be at Viva Wyndham Maya from Feb 5 to 12. We should make a plan to hook up on the beach .. ! :) B.

Brooklin, Canada
Level Contributor
11 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: PDC Hotel questions: Viva Wyndham Maya vs. Allegro Playacar?

Hey Chumgirl - that sounds like a plan! I have a co-worker (41) and his friend around same age coming into the Riu on the 5th also and they are both single guys as well.

We should definitely meet up at the beach, try and get a good area with shade etc. Also to venture into town can share cab etc. One of the guys from RIU has been to PDC before so will be a good guide I think.

canada
Level Contributor
93 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: PDC Hotel questions: Viva Wyndham Maya vs. Allegro Playacar?

Hey Wrenster, sounds good, glad to hook up with some other single folks. Can't WAIT!! (11 days and counting down...)

We won't get to the hotel till after 9pm on Sun Feb 5, so look for us Monday on the beach. My friend has a few tattoos (one of which is a sleeve on one of her arms -- easy to spot). I have no tattoos, but I'm quite short... and we're both blondes...(blondish:)

Hasta luego, amigo! B. :)